Corsair Community

Really?....

Iggmann88

Nice to see that issues that were present from the beginning are still around, some now worse than others...

-Your Link hardly "Links" together, even with stock fans, never seem to adjust according to "Link"ed temperature...

-Add a AX into the mix and hey, a 80%+ platinum power supply is only running at, 50% efficiency...

-It can never remember what color it was set to after reboot/shutdown/hibernate...

-Sometimes it just picks a random color and refuses to change until you pull the plug...

-Even attempt to "Link" a H100i into the command unit and it doesn't function at all.

I have spent countless hours troubleshooting this crap. I've lost track of how many installs, wiped profiles, firmware updates, a RMA, and even went as far as a complete windows reinstall. Pull this crap off your store, it doesn't work. Period.

I'm one of those that don't. If you've tried all the fixes on this forum with no success then I'd say that although Corsair do all they can to test all the hardware they can, they can't test evreything, in every combination.

I can only imagine your frustration at your current situation, but please don't blame Corsair, they're not the only manufacturers that have problems like these show up, even after many years and many, many updates.

RMA the faulty stuff to the shop/eshop you bought it from explaining there are compatibility issues, no shop should have a problem with that. And I keep my fingers crossed that you'll find an alternative solution that works.

AX760i here.. despite CorsairLink Dongle is impossible to report correct values, the energy efficiency class of this series is withis the specification. I cross-checked with a Chieftec CFT-750-14CS which is barely not 80%-certified at all.

The efficiently according to my DIY-Watt-O-Meter of the AX760i is significantly better, both under load and idle, so please don't take CorsairLINK values for serious.

To the other points, i can reboot, hibernate and suspend without a problem, i change color, i save the profile, everything works as supposed, connot reproduce here, you might need to re-install LINK, maybe a reg-cleaner or kinda broke your LINK-Installation.

Edit: Oh i gues syou mean something with the lighnign app.... well to be honest, i reviewed the other products available for LINK, lignthing, command unit, the watercooler-aio... but honestly i don't buy eye-washes.... as long as my AX760i reporting functions are useless i don't think about buying new stuff for this kind of architecture.

tru some have serious issues with it but others dont,at first i had problems but have been running several links for 1.5 years with no issues...

So you aren't currently using any work arounds for any of your Link stuff and everything is working 100 Percent as it should? I seem to remember from a thread only a few months ago that some of your link stuff isn't working as intended but you are using or work around or aren't using some feature as intended.

Just another quote from a thread you posted info in January of this year "not all of my hdd's show up and my leds are a little finicky but for the cooling aspect its spot on and to me thats where it matters.i have a couple videos in my sig that show fan curves as in porportion to temps. "

So I wouldn't say you have been running link with no issues.

So you aren't currently using any work arounds for any of your Link stuff and everything is working 100 Percent as it should? I seem to remember from a thread only a few months ago that some of your link stuff isn't working as intended but you are using or work around or aren't using some feature as intended.

Just another quote from a thread you posted info in January of this year "not all of my hdd's show up and my leds are a little finicky but for the cooling aspect its spot on and to me thats where it matters.i have a couple videos in my sig that show fan curves as in porportion to temps. "

So I wouldn't say you have been running link with no issues.

sorry i wasnt completely and thoroughly clear..and your right as not all my hdds show but that could be in the hdd itself but even so,,everything does what its supposed to

and no i dont do any ''work arounds'' as most of the time said fix is only a temporary bandaid fix which is why ive never suggested using it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, they work just fine if you only hook up one at a time, but god forbid if you start "Link"ing them together...

And the whole "Infinite variable" excuse is getting old. The command unit is the "motherboard" of the whole setup, it's corsair throughout. It's not like we're trying to hook up a 3rd party light model with a 5 year old fan controller in the mix... And don't even use fans as an excuse either, you can have issues without a single fan plugged in, the two fans that came with my H100i have enough issues as it is.

I'm guessing its surfacing from the fact that Corsair is trying to interface with the motherboard and all it's sensors. (I've noticed that I have 4 new temps "MSI") Don't, just don't... You're Link has temp probes, CPU and GPU temps, that's enough. Don't make things overly complicated.

I'm one of those that don't. If you've tried all the fixes on this forum with no success then I'd say that although Corsair do all they can to test all the hardware they can, they can't test evreything, in every combination.

I can only imagine your frustration at your current situation, but please don't blame Corsair, they're not the only manufacturers that have problems like these show up, even after many years and many, many updates.

RMA the faulty stuff to the shop/eshop you bought it from explaining there are compatibility issues, no shop should have a problem with that. And I keep my fingers crossed that you'll find an alternative solution that works.

+1

when all other possibilities are exhausted,the obvious is apparent...;):

I'm guessing its surfacing from the fact that Corsair is trying to interface with the motherboard and all it's sensors. (I've noticed that I have 4 new temps "MSI") Don't, just don't... You're Link has temp probes, CPU and GPU temps, that's enough. Don't make things overly complicated.

I also noticed this with my MSI 990FX-GD65. Actual CorsairLINK detects the Motherboard-CPU-sensor and the motherboard-SYS-sensor, also it detecs FAN-Speeds and seems to be at least able to manipulate them, what I think maybe is not a good idea consider bugs can occur to this stuff goes malfunction and intefer with your Motherboard-Devices/Software.

For What?

For example there's MSI ControlCenter. If you start this, it initialisiz a series of control instruction, so that you can adjust Fans "Q-Fans/PWM-CPU and Sys-Fans" individually from inside the OS according to what you set it up, live and in real-time.

So it's exactly what HWLink memes to do.... but i bet my vendors know better how to interprete the sensors in his own construction! CorsairLINK even calls these sensors MSITmp0 etc. -not a great hint -, not even giving me an option to rename, while my MSI ControlCenter knows which is CPU-Temp and which is SYS-Temp.

When i have CorsairLINK solely running from boot-up it detects Fans correctly, but once i start MSI ControlCenter it causes CorsairLINK instantly to misinterprete Fan-Speeds and other weird stuff. The biggest problem is that i canot stop CorsairLINK from doing all the Motherboard-manipulation, sensor-initialision..while i only need the "Power" features for my Axi... thats the worst thing. :( I can only choose to not use any fan-controlling.. but still all the bloated read-out is useless for me.

I want FIXES! At least give me a radio-button in the options to turn this @§%$ß!-crap off!

Wonder what happens if i program MSI-ControlCenter for all fans to 100% and CorsairLINK for all fans to go fixed 50%... who's more "powerful" Corsair or MSI or will me hardware evaporate??? :D :D Just rhetorical question

Im glad that my AX760i-Readings seem to be unaffected... but lol AXi-Power-Efficiency-ReadOuts are worthless... you better of simply analyze Aperes*Voltage on all Rails and try "guessing" or use a DIY-Watt-O-Meter:D

I guess i will remove CorsairLINK soonly... been waiting so long for AXi fixes... but nothing happens :( CorsairLINKs keeps telling me it's a power-generator since beginning and support seems not to care. Haha also disconnecting the "broke-ware" Dongle may save little more power and also uninstalling LINK saves little more energy due to little less CPU (approximatel not measurable). :D

Not a great "bonbon" to sell high-priced Platinum-PSU with Efficiency-ReadOut...and an increasing "bloat-ware" LINK that now still not is fixed but starts interfing my Motherboard adn finally if it would be working, can do nothing more than my Motherboard-Software at all... but when it's not even working properly at all... and no fix is in sight, i don't see anymore sense in this!

Considering all this... you can tell Corsair "forces" me to stay away from LINK-idea and their PSUs!

Because instead I wonder what else inside this PSU is just "blingbling", or isn't properly working and exists only on white-paper ... security functions maybe, O.o

In the end I feel hard to trust this series and hard to trust Corsair as a brand for high quality PSUs.

Maybe the fans be sucked into a black-hole... like the brain-neurons of LINK-developers. :D :D

Or maybe simply the VoltageRegulators of the Motherboard may take physical damage.

But high likely MSI COntrolCenter simply wins on accessing driver-level because of better programming and all is fine :D

Still i prefer not even trying to provoke such situation.... Volunteers! Upfront! ^^

Archived