Corsair Community

CX750 Coil whine!

davemire

I am sure this comes as no surprise, but my BRAND NEW CX750 suffers from extreme coil whine. Just great, brand new silent system and the PSU is noisier than everything else. What a pain, so I RMA the PSU for a new one. Two weeks later get the new replacement... guess what? Worse coil whine, by a factor of ten. So I have had a new system for a month that has spent the entire time on the office floor waiting for the darn PSU to be RMA'ed.

So now what? RMA it again and hope for the best? I can't return it without paying (again) for shipping + a restocking fee.

I am absolutely disgusted by this. What am I supposed to do now?

:mad:

So now what? RMA it again and hope for the best? I can't return it without paying (again) for shipping + a restocking fee.

It really would be best for you to call CS and explain this to them. Since the PSu is brand new and you have already had it replaced once Corsair will pick up the shipping and may even offer you an advanced replacement if you ask for it.

It really would be best for you to call CS and explain this to them. Since the PSu is brand new and you have already had it replaced once Corsair will pick up the shipping and may even offer you an advanced replacement if you ask for it.

Thanks for the reply. I am very frustrated with this. I will call and see if any of that could be true. :sigh!:

Not sure if we can post corporate phone numbers in this forum or not. But if you go to the Corsair website (US site) under contact at the top of the page there are two phone numbers for Corsair. They are both corporate numbers. One is local and the other toll free. If they can't help then I bet they'll give you a number for someone that can. I can't tell what your location is. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response.

Just figured I would update. I was told I would get a prepaid label once I had an RMA#. Since getting an RMA# I haven't had a response in 13 days. I emailed again about a week ago - nothing. Guess customer support is choosing not to support this issue... :sigh!:

I guess there is no happy ending for me. On my second brand new unit that suffers from extreme coil whine and getting no response from customer support.

Update:

Not sure what happened to my emails, rep figures they might have been lost in system upgrade on their end. In any even, they're shipping an advanced replacement unit out and prepaid label for the funked unit. Hopefully third time is a charm and I can finally enjoy the new PC squeal free!

Very happy with the service at this point.

Update:

Well, I got the TX750 replacement for my CX750... no coil whine! Hurray. Though, I soon found another bad problem. The fan makes a buzzing or grinding noise when it "tries" to start spinning. To the end that it ends changes sounds while moving the mouse. It's like it's not getting enough voltage to start spinning or something. I can't believe this is the fourth brand new power supply and I am still having no luck.

As a side note, I am surprised this thread isn't getting any attention...

Archived