Corsair Community

iCUE v3.33.246 Patch Notes

Corsair James

I think I have an issue similar to this that is probably related.

I have a corsair scimitar pro rgb mouse.

When I am on discord I have the push to talk button mapped to one of the numberbuttons (thumb buttons) on the left side of my mouse. The key itself is mapped to the F16 key at the moment.

What happens is that when I press the thumb button to talk discord registers that I have pushed the button and I can start to talk, but as soon as i release ANY button on the mouse, it stops. As if releasing any button releases all buttons on the mouse.

This is especially annoying when playing games where I press left/right mouse buttons (and release them) while I hold down the thumb button to talk.

(I have tried different configurations using different buttons on the mouse and its the same issue)

This is as the previous person wrote a CRITICAL BUG that came when I updated the iCUE the last time. I need a link to older software to use ASAP because this renders my mouse useless.

Same here, Corsair Harpoon mouse. I have the back button remapped to CTRL for my FFX|V profile - makes it much easier to use hotbar 2. Before the patch, I could hold it down and hit multiple hotbar 2 keys. After the patch, I now have to release and then press the button again between EACH hotbar button push - and finding this out in a roulette dungeon was NOT a pleasant experience. Apologies to those that were stuck with a bard that suddenly couldn't weave yesterday. :mad: Hopefully downgrading to the old version (if I can even figure out what that was) will work. Very disappointing.

Edit: It's probably already been mentioned - you can't export your profiles, downgrade to a working version of iCUE, and then import them. You'll get a "this profile was created in a newer version of the software...." So, be prepared to recreate profiles if you downgrade.

Edited by Synica1
Update about profile import/export

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that need to roll back, here is the version I had to roll back to to fix the keybinding issue bug due to the newest release:

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...81_release.msi

I tried the 3.32.80 but it would not recognize my k95 keyboard, so I use 3.31.81 instead and its been working flawlessly so far. If you want a different version, Just copy/paste that URL into your web address bar and change the version since they all use the same naming scheme.

This have proven to be the most stable version for me

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.30.97_release.msi

I'm sure though you can put in another version in the URL to get whatever old version you like. At least that's what someone said earlier in this thread somewhere.

I'm on 3.30.97 as well and it seems pretty stable.

• Corsair Employee
Judging by the posts so far, this "patch" seems to have introduced more bugs than it addressed.

What I don't get is how there's still no input from Corsair in this thread. In response to all that has been said and reported up to this point.

That is equally bad as the quality of this patch or even worse IMO. Almost like they don't care. Not about all of their customers having issues with their products, nor about their reputation going down the drain.

Really odd! In a sad way since I've always been a big fan of Corsair.

Apologies for the lack of response on our side in this thread. Just to keep everyone up to speed, all the feedback that have been reported in this thread have been reported to our software team. As far as I know, they were able to reproduce a few (I don't know exactly which ones) but some are still being evaluated for confirmation.

Like many of you, we're pretty surprised as well that some of you run into issues after the update. I mean we all know one of the reasons why we release newer versions of icue, one of them being to address ongoing issues. We are keeping a close eye on this thread, so rest assured that we're well aware of whats going on in the field.

We will keep guys posted on any progress.

Ahhh! This update horrifically destroyed my setup!

When I play games such as WoW, I rebind the Forward and Backward buttons on my M65 mouse to Right Ctrl and Right Shift and use them as modifiers for my keyboard action bar button presses (1-6, ctrl+1-6, and shift+1-6)

This has been fine for YEARS and across all versions of CUE, old and new, but after this update after I hold in Forward or Backward on the mouse and press 1-6, the mouse stops registering that I'm still holding in either forward or backward buttons. I have to let go and reclick forward or backwards to use the modifier key again.

I also have my sniper key remapped to right control for a push to talk key, now when playing a game when I talk using my sniper button, any other keystroke on my K75 keyboard cancels my push to talk.

This is CRITICALLY broken.

I need a link to an older version of iCUE, I literally cannot game with this version at all.

Hey, The recent update broke my go to discord push to talk use.

I have an M65 with the back button mapped to F24 in ICue and the same for discord push to talk activation.

After the latest ICue update, while holding down my back button, any other mouse click (LMB,RMB,Scrollclick, DPI Up & Down, Sniper and forward) causes the PTT in discord to deactivate.

Its like the backbutton signal is deactivated apon hittng any other mouse button.

one way to fix audio hangs or unresponsive system, broswer, network or streaming videos hangs is to restart the "windows audio" service. You might need to help the restart by manually terminating the audiodg.exe Edited by HappyPie

I just migrated my profiles/keybinds to my new computer and it reminded me how incredibly painful this software is to use.

Why is there not one single shared action library between hardware and normal actions, lighting too? I understand there are different limitations between the two, but there could be a validation check that disables the ability to copy to from the library to hardware if it is not compatible. Would be so much nicer. Even just a copy to hardware action library would be incredible, why am I wasting time manually copying some of my longer macros.

Issues:

-Closing the software seems to unbind/revert some of my changes

--Sometimes binds I just deleted/replaced show back up

--Sometimes binds I have set will unbind to a key

---Replication:

---open software, fix binds in both hardware and software, save back to hardware, close software

-Sometimes copying actions to my action library (both hardware and software) copies the wrong action and will only copy that wrong action, not allowing me to copy the one I actually want.

There were a bunch more I ran in to while migrating my stuff between computers but these two were the most critical. Especially the unbind/revert one.

K95 and Scimitar

2 bugs in latest release and a way to avoid one of them.

Like others i noticed the mute/unmute on Void Pro headset stopped working after the latest update.

After reverting to the previous and then reinstalling I noticed more about the odd behaviour and by chance found a work around.

If you upgrade from the option in iCue settings then the headset mute/unmute works until you reboot, though you now get the annoying double mike feedback off mike off when muting. After a reboot however the button simply produces mike feedback on/off and the mike cannot be unmuted by the button and even when unmuted in iCue direct the mike does not function.

Really oddly if uninstall iCue and install the latest version using the downloaded msi package and not the update from settings the headset mike remains fully functional. The only annoyance the doubled mike feedback off, mike off when muting that was not in the prior version.

So uninstalling and installing direct from the msi will fix the bug with Void Pro/Elite headset microphones for some reason.

The other bug which could be iCue or maybe in the ASUS plugin is that if any sort of lighting it turned on for the motherboard in iCUE the BIOS setting for RGB to be on/off when the system is inactive is changed from off to on. I am not sure how/why this is changed but it is annoying. I have this set to off so my system is dark when powered down, but if I enable any lighting effect via iCUE this BIOS setting is altered back to on causing the motherboard to light up when the system is powered down. I can't see any reason why that setting should be altered or overridden via the plugin or iCue but is is for some reason. Please fix it so the BIOS setting is respected and not altered.

Ahhh! This update horrifically destroyed my setup!

When I play games such as WoW, I rebind the Forward and Backward buttons on my M65 mouse to Right Ctrl and Right Shift and use them as modifiers for my keyboard action bar button presses (1-6, ctrl+1-6, and shift+1-6)

This has been fine for YEARS and across all versions of CUE, old and new, but after this update after I hold in Forward or Backward on the mouse and press 1-6, the mouse stops registering that I'm still holding in either forward or backward buttons. I have to let go and reclick forward or backwards to use the modifier key again.

I also have my sniper key remapped to right control for a push to talk key, now when playing a game when I talk using my sniper button, any other keystroke on my K75 keyboard cancels my push to talk.

This is CRITICALLY broken.

I need a link to an older version of iCUE, I literally cannot game with this version at all.

I'm having similar issues, though I use X-Mouse Button Control to remap my two thumb buttons to Shift/Ctrl (simulated hold). However, I remapped my DPI Up/Downbuttons on my Glaive RGB Pro to F11/F12, and those bindings stop working. Basically, this is what I've noticed:

1. Turn on PC, iCUE set to auto-run. Loads, but not all of my lighting options apply. Fans and RAM are fine, but sometimes, my H100i RGB Pro XT has a default rainbow wave. Opening the iCUE app and restarting iCUE services fixes this.

2. Launch a game and have issues with remapped mouse buttons not being recognized, both the issue Daytona described and my DPI Up/Down buttons remapped in iCUE itself. Interestingly, this is fixed if I just keep the iCUE app open. If I open and close it again, it breaks whenever I launch a new game (whether it's WoW or something else, I've also been playing RDR2 recently).

3. Lighting will freeze periodically. I have my fans set to shift between two colors, and they'll just stay on one of them. I also tried out the new Watercolor keyboard lighting, and it's frozen with only a few keys lit with color and the rest showing the backlight color.

Didn't have any issues before the latest version, and in fact iCUE has been working well for me for almost a year, so I hope they can figure out what's going on.

Edited by dembro

For me, it is the Timer Action that is broken for my K95 keyboard. Pressing a key no longer resets the timer !

Having the exact same problem with my new K100.

Instead of resetting the Timer, the keystroke appears to immediately end the Timer and triggers the associated Action. In other words, it does the exact opposite of what I want and what it should do!

After the update all key actions on my K55 keyboard no longer work. Restarted pc, application, service and re-assigned actions. Nothing works.

This horrible software is going to make me never buy another Corsair product again. It's always something. Either it plain malfunctions or it passively uses too many resources for something that's just supposed to keep the lights on and keys assigned. (Even though it doesn't even do that when pc is locked)

For everyone in here asking what to do after they upgraded and things stopped working, I would suggest to simply go back to an earlier version of iCUE you know has been working without issues earlier on your particular system. What version that is seems to vary between different systems which makes sense I guess, since people will have different devices etc.

"Solving" your issues this way has been suggested before and I think that is the best (only) way to get things working again at this time until/if Corsair properly addresses the mess they caused for their customers with these latest versions of iCUE.

Do note I don't say version but versions. This since these kind of issues are not specific to only this latest version of iCUE but have existed many versions back. So unfortunately, this isn't a single version that for whatever reason was messed up by Corsair. Rather, this seems to be more of a sad trend I'm very sorry to say. And again, I do hope things will swing around for the better again since I always really liked Corsair.

Come on Corsair, set this right again!

My h150i Pro is not detected anymore after latest iCUE software update. Never had such a problem in 2 years of using. Reverting to the previous iCUE version does not help. It is still undetected. There is now an undetected device in device manager. When I plug out and plug in the usb in h150i Windows says it does not recognize the device. This is clearly a driver issue. When I try to install the driver manually (Corsair USBXP) and choose my h150i off the list it still fails to work (A request for the USB device descriptor failed.).

Update: I actually managed to fix it by manually installing the h150i driver again in the device manager but this time with the current update driver (previously I tried this solution on downgraded iCUE drivers).

Edited by RAFIRAF

Now this update is what I call truly godly user experience:

"Certain products will now require a firmware update to be applied before software features can be configured."

Now, how the flying F a user is supposed to guess that is nowhere to be seen, nor iCUE suggesting it before the update. And naturally, there is no easily-accessible link to get the previous version.

Way of making every H150i owner to have thoughts about their next Corsair purchase.

Edit: Uninstalled, restarted, re-installed. Worked. Had nothing to do with firmware updates (since I didn't update any firmware). Just a botched version launch.

Edited by DeeKay

Despite updating successfully to iCUE v3.33.246 I am still receiving this error noted in Windows 10 reliability monitor:

Corsair.service.display.adapter stopped working

description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter

Problem Signature 02: 3.33.0.2

Problem Signature 03: 5f22b27c

Problem Signature 04: System.Management

Problem Signature 05: 4.8.4084.0

Problem Signature 06: 5dda3e36

Problem Signature 07: 8a

Problem Signature 08: 51

Problem Signature 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 2beb

Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46

Additional Information 3: 146e

Additional Information 4: 146e76a22a53215b6219e5ad140768df

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 9b26e46c48191e0a723cda2f88959324 (1314165088975164196)

Any way to resolve this?

Thank you

Edited by Chaserx
Cannot post image