Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Noise Cancellation Question

Foolish Mortal

I bought the 1300s and they were ok. The mic was great. At first there was a lot of background hiss/static, but when I checked the noise cancellation in the recording devices control panel it cleaned it right up and the mic sounded awesome.

Unfortunately, my weak on-board sound couldn't power the 1300s or do them justice at all. So, I returned them and got the 1500s. The 1500s sound awesome but the mic is picking up everything and I'm getting hiss/static again.

This time, however, there is no noise cancellation option in the recording device control panel like before. I know these would be great if I could get this working.

Does anyone know how to activate the noise cancellation on the 1500s like I was able to on the 1300s?

Thanks for the help.

Follow up: I started getting a high pitch whine/tone in apps with an active mic. Muting the mic makes it even worse. I also had a crackling noise in the right cup during some music.

I rolled back the USB driver, as was suggested in another thread, and the crackling appears to have gone away but now the Corsair EQ and 7.1 are not available with this driver. To make 1500s sound ok, I have to lose out on one main reasons I bought them....major bummer.

So far, nothing has removed the mic hissing, although it is quieter with the older USB drivers. I'm assuming this is a driver issue, but I don't know. Is there anything I can try before returning these for a different brand?

You can try audio noise removal software called SoliCall Pro. After installation, it creates a special virtual audio device. You can then configure your application to work with this virtual audio device. As a result, the flow of the audio will be: Your application <-> Virtual Audio Device <-> SoliCall Pro application <-> physical audio device.

The SoliCall Pro application has some options for audio filtering. For your purpose I think you should turn on: (1) noise reduction & (2) incoming noise reduction. I do not think you need neither the aggressive filtering nor the echo cancellation.

Archived