Corsair Community

ICUE software randomly freezes pc! RGB fans turn white, pc is unresponsive, no event.

b0r

Hi everybody,

I have this annoying problem since 4 months. I've read many forum threads here and elsewhere but no suggested solution helped yet.

So, the problem I'm having is the following:

While I'm using the PC normally it starts freezing, my QL & LL fans turn white (thats why I think ICue is the culprit & because is the only program that is absolutely unresponsive) and my PC is almost completely unresponsive and i need to reset it to use it again.

Some additional information.

- I can not reproduce the problem or dont know how.

- It happens randomly with any program or even just in idle after a restart, but mostly it happens while im browsing (using different browsers didn't help (Chrome, firefox, edge, brave))

- The event viewer doesn't show any logs for the specific time

- I've did twice a clean install of win10

- I have no hardware monitoring software (i.e. HWinfo) running

- Other rgb software running is NZXT cam (I know it can make problems with icue) and logitech gaming software

-Only other softwares running on startup is bitdefender total security & winlaunch X

I'm almost out of ideas and options. My Last straws are to uninstall NZXT cam or ICue to "solve" this Problem. But to be honest this is not a satisfactory solution at all. I've paid a lot of money for having nice rgb fans or a nice rgb aio and i can not use them properly!?

I hope anybody has a better idea or solution and can help me out.

Thanks in advance

Hey, it may be unrelated, but I just posted a similar bug report and I wanted to give you a heads up. The next time it happens try and kill CueLLAccessService.exe and see if it gets better. That is what is happening on my PC. Please report back either way.

Thanks,

Mel

Hey Mel,

I've just read your thread and saw that you used iCUE version 3.34.161.

I've also thought that with an update the problem will be hoepfully solved. I updated yesterday to 3.34.170 and had this morning the same problem as always.

Hope the upgrade will solve your problem.

Hi,

Since yesterday it happend again three times; especially when I'm working on rainmeter skins.

Unfortunately, I was not able to enter the task manager, when it happend, to kill the service you mentioned in time.

Thanks anyway, hope somebody else has some suggestion.

Ps: I just stopped the services from starting at all. RGB looks still normal and can be changed normally. Let's hope this works out.

Update: It happens again eventhough the service was turned off from the beginning. :-(

Edited by b0r
Update

Hi2jack, by monitoring software do you mean Rainmeter, HWinfo, etc. or do you mean other RGB software like RGBFusion?

Monitoring tools.

HWInfo, in particular, is problematic. You need to go to the settings, under Safety, and disable Corsair/Asetek support.

The different devices don't support multiple applications accessing the hardware directly at the same time. When HWInfo and iCUE are both trying to read the information from the Corsair devices, they eventually stomp on each other and it causes issues with iCUE.

Monitoring tools.

HWInfo, in particular, is problematic. You need to go to the settings, under Safety, and disable Corsair/Asetek support.

The different devices don't support multiple applications accessing the hardware directly at the same time. When HWInfo and iCUE are both trying to read the information from the Corsair devices, they eventually stomp on each other and it causes issues with iCUE.

Thank you DevBiker! I have disabled the Corsair/Asetek support as advised.

Best,

Mel

Thanks DevBiker for the clarification and the tip.

The only software that is running with my icue are logitech gaming software, nzxt cam (turned off the PC monitoring part), Bitdefender and asus aura as an service. I dont have HWInfo installed at all.

Since I've turned off icue and all his services I didn't have any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody who is interested:

I wanted to find out what software causes the problem for real. So, i had running nzxt cam for 5 days without any corsair software or services and 5 days other way around.

When each of the software ran alone everything was fine, no problems at all.

Today, since there was an update for icue, i thought i will try both program together again.

30 minutes later I've got the usual problem again.

So I'm 99% sure that both software suddenly are not compatible (i had them running before reinstalling windows together and didn't have the issue), which means i have to exchange my nzxt kraken or all my corsair fans to have a proper running pc.

Good job Corsair, good job nzxt!*sarcasm*