Corsair Community

Question about Corsair Link and Fans

afa7336

So, I am about to build a new system, once the Asus M6F decides to hit the market, and was trying to get everything setup so all I have to do is click BUY and wait for things to get here. In doing so, through research I found that there is some issues with Corsair Link and some fans, and honestly trying to dissect the information is difficult at best. Since it kinda impacts what I buy, I thought I would jump on and ask one or two quick questions.

1. Does Corsair Link Cooling Node control the AF120 QE, AF140, and the SP120QE well? Or will I run into problems?

2. I am looking to possibly buy 2 Swiftech 8 way PWM splitters (1 for each rad), will these work okay with Corsair Link Cooling Node? Or is it better to buy some additional Nodes to control each fan independently?

EDIT

Last questions I promise.

3. Will it read the signal from a 3 pin (So same as fan) flow meter

4. Will it control the Swiftech MCP655 PWM pumps without going full speed.

Thanks a bunch for any replies!

afa7336

• Corsair Employee
1. Does Corsair Link Cooling Node control the AF120 QE, AF140, and the SP120QE well? Or will I run into problems?

A: AF120 and SP120 fans will be NP as long as you order PWM versions and AF140 fans would be best connected to the MB The RPM Range is onlu about 400 RPM when connected to the cooling node.

2. I am looking to possibly buy 2 Swiftech 8 way PWM splitters (1 for each rad), will these work okay with Corsair Link Cooling Node? Or is it better to buy some additional Nodes to control each fan independently?

A: NO DO NOT USE Splitters on the fans when connected to the cooling node or to one of our coolers you would have to use another Fan controller

3. Will it read the signal from a 3 pin (So same as fan) flow meter

A: NO maybe not our cooling node is only made and tested with Fans.

4. Will it control the Swiftech MCP655 PWM pumps without going full speed.

A: Same as above: NO maybe not our cooling node is only made and tested with Fans.

• Corsair Employee

Currently only the SP versions are available in PWM and I don't know if we will do an AP PWM Version of the fan. These are the two versions I would suggest and these can also be ordered in Twin packs

Air Series SP120 PWM Quiet Edition High Static Pressure Fan

Air Series SP120 PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan

Archived