Corsair Community

Corsair Link/Dongle & RM 1000?

wingclip

Hi Folks, two things:

A] One, where can I go to get the 2.5 versions of Corsair Link? I think many people seem to prefer the older versions and I'd like to try it.

B] What the heck is a "Corsair Link USB Dongle"?! My RM 1000 came with the Corsair Link cables which I attached and plugged into a USB connector in my MOBO per instructions. However, the RM 1000 didn't come with any USB dongles.

I noticed that the latest version of CL which I installed, is showing my various hardware but I can't seem to make any changes to the fan speeds or even force them to run using the "ALL FANS to 100%" selection.

I just want to know if I'm flogging a dead horse! Does the CL software and CL USB Dongle even work on an RM 1000?!

... I don't know... :dunno:No one seems to be replying to any of the posts I've made in this website but then, I see that this is the case for many people who are posting questions here:sigh!:.

They, (Corsair), haven't improved their communications and instructions one bit in 5 years that I started buying their products. In fact, I almost went with the EVGA PSU because I never liked the vagueness of the Corsair support:thinking:.

Rich

• Administrators

A) I'm not sure why you're saying that no one's responding to your posts. For example:

Is there a way to get an older version of the C Link? If you had good luck with the 2.7.5339, I'd like to try it and see if it works for me!

Thanks,

Rich

9 minutes later:

here are the software versions...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

A) I'm not sure why you're saying that no one's responding to your posts. For example:

9 minutes later:

:eek:

I could have sworn that I checked on that post an hour after I posted it! Also, the reply you made is THE FIRST one that I received a notification for and I've been selecting the "Notify immediately by email" option in each case...

At any rate, that's one out of... at least 3 or more. However, I certainly appreciate the heads up on this point!

I'll head that way and review any other possible replies to my other posts.

I'll admit that it's not beyond the possibility that I could have screwed up the notification options, I still haven't achieved perfection after 58+ years of trying...;):

BTW; you wouldn't happen to have an answer to the other question in this topic, would you? I mean the question regarding the "CL USB Dongle"? The software was apparently installed with CL but do I need a physical item supplied by Corsair? Oh wait, maybe that dongle is part of that CL kit that they sell, huh? That's probably what that dongle is all about, so I can uninstall it if I don't have that kit.

The other part of that question/s was whether or not the CL could work with the RM 1000 and only the supplied CL cables, not the CL Kit... Like I said, I could see the various hardware but had no control over any of it including the RM 1000's Fan.

I suppose that question would make more sense if you knew that there were some posts on various websites claiming that the RM 1000 was not one of the 'controllable PSU's' of the group that were.

Then add to that, the fact that most of the ads for the Corsair Link system, (anywhere on line), imply that CL is for the AX series and none mention the RM 1000 at all.

So you may see why I'm beginning to think that the CL software will only let me monitor but not control the RM 1000 and other hardware and I'm wasting my time trying to do any more than that.

Thanks again,

Rich

It's quite common for Corsair not to respond to posts. I am still awaiting a reply to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=734702#post734702 and have waited rather longer then 9 minutes!

:biggrin:LOL, Did you notice that he didn't address the questions I had? Even after I admitted that I had overlooked, (and stood corrected), for the only post that replied to ONE of at least 3 different posts/topic locations.

I wasn't rude, ill mannered, or unpleasant in my response yet apparently, he was satisfied and only concerned in proving my initial implication, partially wrong.

Of course, the remaining posts that went unanswered, (and ignored in his Corsair rescue attempts), would have proven my point but I'm not unreasonable and will openly agree/admit when I have been in error:cool:...

It's a policy I would hope was mutual but....;):

Archived