Corsair Community

[Software] IdleKey - Dim / Edit the lighting of your Keyboard when it's not in use!

IdleKey v2 is currently in the making. Please check back later.

For more info, check my post at page 5.

v1.2 is deprecated for now. If you still need it, you can download the original file for Windows 7 or the fixed version for Windows 10 below.

Windows 10 fix kindly provided by bpsmicro. Thanks!

Thanks for your interest in the project.

Greetings,

nyjan

IdleKeyv1.2.zip

IdleKeyv1.2 Win10 fix.zip

Edited by TheNyJan
v1.2 deprecated
  • Confused 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work, thanks for this. I'm intrigued to know a couple of things if you don't mind, are there any plans to make this open-source? how is the idle detection implemented (i.e. do you run GetLastInputInfo in a timer of a specific interval)?

Thanks again

Thank you :) I may release the code when it's fully cleaned up and optimized (althrough there is not much to optimize here :P). To get the Idletime, I have a thread running that runs GetLastInputInfo from user32.dll every 100ms and compares the result to the values you've set. It then starts the ProfilEXE files depending on the idletime. The ProfilEXE files themselfs turn their opacity down to 0% once shown and then Activate (Focus) themselfs every 100ms to make sure that the profile is still shown, even if other programs open a dialog.

To Admin/Mods: I hope this is the right place for this thread, thought it would fit best here ^^

TheNyJan

I wanted to know if this program you created will work when the computer is in locked? For I tested it and it works great when I am ideal on my desktop. But once I lock my pc, it will no longer switch to my Ideal profile.

What can be done!?

Thank You in Advance

For I tested it and it works great when I am ideal on my desktop. But once I lock my pc, it will no longer switch to my Ideal profile.

You seem to be right. I need to test some stuff to see what's the reason of this bug. Thank you for your feedback, I'll try to fix this ^^

rgds

Edited by TheNyJan

First I have to say, thank you for this programm. Since I have the K95 I wanted to let it staret a specific Profile when the monitor goes blank.

Second I have a problem, when I start my PC the idle Profile is active but it doesn't change when I use my mouse. I have to change the profile to automatic mode by myself.

First I have to say, thank you for this programm. Since I have the K95 I wanted to let it staret a specific Profile when the monitor goes blank.

Second I have a problem, when I start my PC the idle Profile is active but it doesn't change when I use my mouse. I have to change the profile to automatic mode by myself.

Thank you :) Do you mean, that your idle profile on the CUE is active, or is it enabled by IdleKey?

Thank You So Much :D:

I'm sorry to report, but it seems like corsair's software is (again) the limiting factor here. I tested 4 different methods, always the same result: The software works, the profile switches in time (on desktop), but as soon as you enter the lockscreen, it turns to your ondevice-saved profile.

But at least I've got a small "fix": In the CUE, got to the profiles, select your idle profile from the dropdown menu, click the three bars next to it and click "Save to device memory". Note that this can ONLY display solid background lighting... :/

In the next build, I'll include an option, so you can test it for yourself.

This were probably 8-9 hours of my spare freetime wasted (had test-week, about 15 tests)

But anyway, have a nice one ^^

rgds

I edited the profile yesterday and since then everything works nice. I hope you haven't spend to much freetime because of me.

No problem ^^

Thank you!

Only just got around to trying this out and it is far smarter than I was imagining, you have truly done an amazing job! Thanks!

And also just noticed the shout out! Thanks again!

You're welcome guys ^^

Hello @TheNyJan!

It is great to hear you exploring and trying to fix this lockscreen issue. Sadly, I have discovered another issue. Scenario: I am currently playing Dragon Age, which I have a profile for it "DAI" but even when I am playing the game, IdleKey will take affect and go to my idle profile "HeartBeat." Then I believe the program realizes the computer is not in idle model and will within 1-2 seconds switch back to my DAI profile without me doing or touching anything. Also, same thing happens if I am using my xbox controller to play Dragon age.

Oo Also your temp. fix for the lockscreen issue is really not going to work for most cases because I have my default "Heat Reactive Profile" and for my idleKey I use my "HeartBeat Profile" so I really can not have two of them on my onboard memeory ;(

Thank You in Advance

Edited by theace

Hm I prefer this over my method! Have you fixed the profile change while locked issue? Now if I could figure out a way to have software send an IR signal to my desk lighting when the PC goes Idle I'd be set!

I noticed this doesnt seem to switch back when I move my mouse or click, I have to click on an open window to turn it off/switch back to default

The lockscreen issue is unfixable right now, due to cue limitations, sorry. The thing that it doesn't switch back will be fixed with the next patch, already worked that out.

The ir thing is doable, I'll answer your pm shortly ^^

Rgds