Corsair Community

Please help me! Big confusion.

charbel1011

I have bought today the corsaie 570x case to upgrade from my old case. Now im running through few problems. In my old case i had corsair LL series and corsair led strips. Im running them with 1 lighting node pro and led hub. With no commander pro. Now since i got the new case. The new case has 3 sp fans which i wanna connect as well. I know corsair says i cannot mix fans on 1 led hub. So what are my options in here? I have now 2 led hubs and 1 node pro. What else do i need? Im super confused. And the controller i have on the new case now has w corasair led controller at the back connected with a small fan controller that has 3 buttons for speed and etc...

the 570x fan/color controller is only for whats equipped on the case from the factory. If you want to add more lights or a true RGB fan setup, you'll need the commander pro unit. they're about $60

Okay so i just ordered one. When i receive it how im gonna conenct them? I have 2 types of fans one is the LL series and other one is the sp series 2 types of fans. And i have 1 lighting node pro and 2 les rgb hub. And 1 led strip.

You don't need the Commander Pro. If you have a Lighting Node Pro, you'll have the exact same RGB capabilities. That's not to say that the CoPro doesn't have value - it certainly does - it's just not required for RGB.

You cannot put SP-RGB fans and LL-RGB fans on the same hub; that is true. However, they can be on two different hubs on two different lighting channels ... and on the same NoPro.

You are likely missing the RGB LED Fan Hub cable, however. That's needed to hook the NoPro to the fan hub. Fortunately, if you have a CoPro coming, that comes with two of them. If you want to cancel the CoPro, you'll still need the Fan Hub cable.

Make sure that you check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature as well.

You don't need the Commander Pro. If you have a Lighting Node Pro, you'll have the exact same RGB capabilities. That's not to say that the CoPro doesn't have value - it certainly does - it's just not required for RGB.

You cannot put SP-RGB fans and LL-RGB fans on the same hub; that is true. However, they can be on two different hubs on two different lighting channels ... and on the same NoPro.

You are likely missing the RGB LED Fan Hub cable, however. That's needed to hook the NoPro to the fan hub. Fortunately, if you have a CoPro coming, that comes with two of them. If you want to cancel the CoPro, you'll still need the Fan Hub cable.

Make sure that you check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature as well.

How i dont need need the commander pro? I have like 6 fans i need to connect

On different channel. And the lighting node pro has only 2 led chans so if i connected the 2 hubs. How am i supposed to connect my

Led strips?

To control the RGB, you'll need EITHER a Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro. Both of these devices have 2 channels. A single RGB LED Fan Hub will support up to 6 fans (of the same type) ... but you have two different types. So ... either two Lighting Node Pros or a Lighting Node Pro and a Commander Pro. From an RGB control standpoint, the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro have the exact same functionality. The Commander Pro adds fan speed control, USB ports and thermistors.

You can get the strips with the Lighting Node Pro for about $10 more than just the strips alone.

You can absolutely run 2 Lighting Node Pros in the same system. In fact, I have 3 ... and a Commander Pro as well.

To control the RGB, you'll need EITHER a Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro. Both of these devices have 2 channels. A single RGB LED Fan Hub will support up to 6 fans (of the same type) ... but you have two different types. So ... either two Lighting Node Pros or a Lighting Node Pro and a Commander Pro. From an RGB control standpoint, the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro have the exact same functionality. The Commander Pro adds fan speed control, USB ports and thermistors.

You can get the strips with the Lighting Node Pro for about $10 more than just the strips alone.

You can absolutely run 2 Lighting Node Pros in the same system. In fact, I have 3 ... and a Commander Pro as well.

The reason i need the commander pro is im lacking of fans headers on my motherboard.

The reason i need the commander pro is im lacking of fans headers on my motherboard.

OK, that's certainly reasonable. But that was never mentioned in the thread - just controlling RGB. I know this may surprise you, but we can't read minds around here. And ... btw ... there are other methods of using limited fan headers to control fans. Plenty of other ways.

Archived