Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Enige crashes Steam

adehaan968cs

Okay so here is the very strange problem.... I've had the problem that steam stops responding whenever I plug in a peripheral now for over a month. The steam client does repiar itself and will continue to crash until I restart the PC. The only way to use a controller or my wheel is to plugin my controller before the client starts. Today I came to the conclusion that the CUE causes steam to crash. If I disable the service I can plugin any controller, wheel, pedals without Steam crashing. If I start the service manually and plugin a controller the client crashes 9/10 times instantly. The other 1/10 is when I unplug the controller. Are there any other people with this issue? I've tried the driver versions: 2.8.70 and 1.16.42.

Please do note if something isn't clear. It's hard to decribe the problem.

Not sure what to tell you, my windows installation is honestly quite messed up. I have upgraded it from Win 7 several times: 8, 8.1, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2. I've kept delaying a full format but I have never had any CUE/Steam trouble so far.

You might have another driver that interferes and causes the crash, if you send your crash/dump log to Corsair they can analyze it and possibly track down the root cause.

Archived