Corsair Community

CUE freezing steam\game controller

unklez

I'm running the latest CUE and it's causing either USB ports\drivers or game controller to freeze which in turn freezes Steam and other applications that look for gamepad input.

However when I turn off "Advanced" mode in CUE none of the freezes happen.

I think this is a common problem as I've seen others make a similair complaint but no fixes as of yet. Can a Corsair rep. respond?

I don't think the controller matters but it's a xbox 360.

Try this. Turn on Advanced mode in cue2. Reboot your computer.

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers

In there rightclick on your gamepad and choose "Game controller settings"

The window that starts up freezes for me.

Also I was using the following profile for my Strafe keyboard in advanced mode: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-ca/rgbshare/cooling-lava-5f0f

• Corsair Employee
I did some research on this and it isn't by CUE. Its a bug in Steam that they rolled out in the last update. This not only affects 360 controllers, but also PS4 and Steam controllers too. The advanced mode "resolving it" is a complete coincidence because CUE doesn't change how it polls devices whether its standard or advanced. Rather, you could have no side-effects because advanced mode isn't sending as much data through the USB compared to a complicated pattern like Spiral Rainbow.

Yeh does seem like a steam bug after testing. Why does it only affect a small amount of people? And how can I fix it?

My motherboard only has usb 3.0 connections. I read some posts that hooking the Strafe keyboard up to USB 2.0 may fix the freezes? If thats the case I'll get a 2.0 USB hub.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived