Corsair Community

Keeping the pump on Extreme mode

ComplexDrive

Is there any negative side effects of keeping the pump on "extreme" mode in icue and leaving it like that for the lifetime of the system?

Also what's the warranty period on the H115i platinum?

Your PC spec is not that much different from mine. Not sure why you would need extreme mode to cool it, as my H115i Pro easily cools my i9-9900K on the balanced profile. Ambient 20C / coolant 28C at idle, rising to around 34C under heavy load.

What coolant and ambient temps are you seeing?

Also, are you making good use of all of those lovely fan headers on the Aorus Master?

Running the pump flat out, all of the time is bound to reduce its lifespan. By how much, is open to speculation.

Edited by Yemble

Warranty is 5 years. Mean Time Before Failure is typically marketed in terms of hours of use and not actual revolutions. Common sense tells you 3000 revolutions per minute is going to be a lot more than 2000 over a period of years, but then we don't see a lot of people posting with sudden mechanical noise after X amount of time. Literally wearing out the pump just doesn't seem to happen and most people will come up with another reason to change before the warranty period ends. I would use it as you need to and not worry about the rev count.