Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extreme -cm2x1024-6400c5dhx

Barca

Hey guys new to the forum...

i just got this ram CM2X1024-6400C5DHX

and everytime i start the computer i get an IRQL_ERROR....and when i get to the desktop it restarts and does the same thing... i put the timing as stated on the ram itself...5-5-5-18-2t..and still the same thing.. i've tried with them unliked, linked, and auto...and also disable... and i have reloaded the os at the same time and still nothing. when i switch the ram to the old ones i had.. the computer boots up fine and no IRQL_ERRORs help guys... what else should i do?

is this ram dead? i have gone to this website...

http://corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=15763

and it shows that this ram is compatible with my mobo ... so why do i keep getting IRQL_ERROS

help guys.

Thank in advance

sorry took so long i was playing around with my pc...

it looks like its working for now..

i have INTEL Q6700..stock...no overclock..stock fan

antec 850 watt

dual 8800 gts

and the voltage were set to manual...

now that i got it to work i ended up reloading the os and setting the times to 5-5-5-18-2t and the memory voltage at 1.8 as stated on the ram (the only thing i had not done before..the voltage settings)

the pc has been up and running for about 2 hrs now... so now i have to wait to see if i get another blue screen...but for now it seems alright.. but i am scare to turn it off and turn it back on to the blue screen...

thankx tho.

On a similar note, I've had only bad luck when building my computer. The main thing, though, is the memory not being able to receive more than 2 gigs without getting a blue screen. I'm using Vista 64, but I've tried 32bit, also. I have CM2X1024-6400 all the same RAM modules. Specs below.

3.0ghz processor QX6850

Dual BFG 8800GTX Ultra OC

2 x WD Raptor 150gb raid 0

1 kilowatt OCZ PSU

Asus Striker Extreme MOBO

I have set the timings. I've also used OH SEE Z Reaper and OH SEE Z High Preformance Premium. PC6400 for all of them. I am also thinking that is my weakest link. I mean, I have a nice system and even though Crysis is demanding I cannot play it smooth on Very High settings with 1680x1050 resolution. Yeah, that seems like a lot, but not for this system, or at least it shouldn't. I'm thinking the RAM might impact the problem. I have the latest BIOS update, too. All my drivers and Firmware are updated. I know I split the topic, but the RAM is really beginning to seem like its making issues for my system.

The main thing, though, is the memory not being able to receive more than 2 gigs without getting a blue screen.

• Remove two sticks
  • Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.
  • Restart the system
  • Enter your BIOS Setup Utility
  • Unlink the Memory
  • Set the DRAM Speed to 667Mhz
  • Set the DRAM timings to 5-5-5-12
  • Set the DRAM Voltage to 2.0v
  • Set the Northbridge MCH +.05v higher
  • Save settings
  • Shut the system down and insert the second set of sticks
  • Restart your system
  • Boot to the Memtest CD
  • Allow Memtest to run for 2 full passes
  • If stable, enter Windows

Memory Timing

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

CPU FSB: 333

CPU Multi: 9

DDR FSB: 667

tCL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Command Rate: 2T

Voltages:

Vdimm (DRAM Voltage) = 2.0v

NB Vcore: 1.45v

The issue is that when one populates all four DRAM slots, the motherboard memory controller can not access and load the DRAM at the full speed of the DRAM. The on motherboard memory controller (MCH/Northbridge) is now slower due to having to access four DRAM slots as opposed to two DRAM slots. So you have to drop the bandwidth to achieve a stabilty.

You can regain much of the lost bandwidth with an overclock as the raise in FSB concurrently raises the Data CPU FSB <--> MCH <--> DRAM Stream. First though, you want complete and tested stability.

ok so im back and i wanna pull my hair out..(btw i have a fade) and i still wanna grow my hair and pull it out... generally im good bout this type of problems.. but it came back after reloading the os.. and like i sd i was scare to turn it off and turn it back on... it happened again... :mad::mad::mad: and now i didnt do any of the windows updates thinking that, that might be problem so... it was working ok and downloaded the drivers necessary...when i hooked up my ipod...poof...there goes the magic of blue..(blue USED to be my fav color..but i think i hate it now..if not i loath it :[pouts: ) so at this point in time i honestly do believe i have a DOA stick :(...al tho i will try the memtest any other suggestions keeping in mind that it is very clear that the ram is messed up.

HELP PLEASE...

thankx in advance.

ok im back... i have downloaded the memtest... run it.. and set the timings to 4-4-4-12...and everything goes so quick...no passes tho...and the windows closes out on me and the pc restarts...what am i suppose to be looking at here... help please...

thankx in advance...

The modules you have listed should be set to Cas 5-5-5-12 at 1.9 Volts why are you setting them to Cas 4-4-4-12 and stating they will not work?

testing it out by wat was listed above....and is it 5-5-5-12-2t at 1.9v or 5-5-5-18-2t at 1.8v as listed on the ram itself..and i set it to 4-4-4-12 for the memtest, will get rid of that asap. thanks i'll let you know if that works or not.

The modules you have listed should be set to Cas 5-5-5-12 at 1.9 Volts why are you setting them to Cas 4-4-4-12 and stating they will not work?

set them to 5-5-5-12-2t at 1.9v...then 5-5-5-12-autoT at 1.9v ....the computer gets to windows....after its done loading the computer gives me the IRQL_ERROR again...tried to do the memtest and same thing...everything goes so fast and i cant see the errors...

what am i doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

If it were me at this point Id stop. Remove ONE stick, having only one stick of ram left in pc. THEN Id reset bios to factory defaults and make sure all mem is on auto. I just changed from a set of two 512mb sticks to corsair dhx 2x1024 with heat sinks, and it DID fail with IRQ error first try. I checked bios and one of my old ram settings were left. I set it right-dropped my overclock on cpu and it STILL failed orthos. Finally reset ALL bios to defaults and now its fine. Think it was hanging on to old ram settings somewhere.

If it fails after bios reset go back and check VOLTS is at right setting again and that its set to 2T. BTW you may read 1T is faster but thats really just in benchmarks.

Hope this helps ya, I had the same issue just a bit ago so thought Id let you know what worked for me. Good luck.:biggrin:

Archived