Corsair Community

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here so please allow me to briefly introduce myself. My name is Felix and I am a veteran PC builder of 10+ years as a hobbyist and freelance consultant/contractor. My last build was a couple years ago using a Zalman HD160XT HTPC case, for personal use. I am an avid gamer and hardcore PC enthusiast, and I like to always have the best, most current technology available when it comes to my machine(s).

I have gone through various forums, including this one, doing research, looking for build tips and ways to avoid running into problems with this new build in progress. After pouring over many, many posts, I still find myself with questions and points that require clarification. I believe the component list will appear with this post, as I have included this new build in the "System Specs" area of my profile.

The foundation for this build is the Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T case and I will be using the H100 Liquid Cooling option. I have purchased some additional/replacement fans that I would like to use, but I am unsure if they will play nice together, or what my options are as far as utilizing them with the existing fans that come with the aforementioned products.

The additional fans I purchased are originally components of a different case in Corsair's product line, the Carbide 400R. They are the 120mm Front Fan (Clear with white LEDs). I purchased 3 of them with the intention of using one to replace the existing rear 120mm exhaust fan of the case, and the other two to use on the radiator of the H100.

So, my first question is will these fans be good replacements for the ones included with the H100 or no?

The way I have it planned, if it will work, is to remove the existing 200mm fan at the top of the case, and remount it on the other side of the grill which it is currently mounted to, in other words, between the two mesh grills at the top.

I would then mount the radiator under that fan, on the other side of the grill, which in turn will have the two additional clear fans mounted to it.

Now, I have read on this forum that it may not be possible to mount the radiator and fans to the inside of the case this way, due to the location of the motherboard and space restrictions, but it can be done with a little modding. I really don't want to go the modding route, but I think I may be able to squeeze it in there, due to the spacing of components on my motherboard, which is an ASRock X79 Extreme6. It looks like it could fit, with the exception of the CPU power socket, but I could be wrong.

Regarding the original 200mm fan, I am not sure if it will even fit between the two grills like that?

Well that's my problems and concerns for now, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I regarding these components can provide a little insight into my dilemma. Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you for your attention and have a great day.

Regards,

Felix

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employee

Those fans are unlikely to be good replacements for the H100's fans. I'd recommend going with our SP120 white LED fans, which *are* designed for use with radiators.

It's also extremely unlikely that you'll be able to fit all of those fans the way you want to. The 600T just doesn't really have the clearance.

Archived