• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 1 result

1. Hello all! I've just transplanted my PC into a Lian Li 011D xl. In doing such, I got fan happy. I updated my cooling solution to an H150i pro. I used my non rgb fans in a pull config on the top of the rad, then 3 rgb in push. (managed to mount on top!!!) I then mounted 3 in pull config at the side and bottom. My main issue is wiring this bad boy. Clearly the H150 wants to power the non rgb fans. I just don't know what to do to power the remainder. I suppose the software doesn't care if it's plugged into the H150, or a Commander Pro, in regards to rgb or general software control, right? With a Commander I can power 6 fans total? Possible to use a pwm splitter cable? Safe to do this with the H150 and forgo the Commander all together? One thread I found showed using 2 pwm repeaters off of the H150 and NO Commander. Another showed a Commander powering 9 fans and the H150 powering 3, with 2 rgb controllers. (This was the first I found and based my build on) There are 0 local pwm repeaters and will be Saturday before delivery. I already own the pwm splitter cables and the Commander (unopened). I'm going stir crazy and want to get this beast going today, but do not want to fry my Mobo or H150 trying to pull too much current. Update: so after further research and applying some logic, I'm seeing the Commander as exactly a pwm repeater, but with led strip and temp sensor ports. Amirite? The X99-E has a high amp fan output, so if these fans are only .225a each, I could effectively Daisy chain 4x 1 to 3 pwm splitters, giving me access to 9 pwm connections to power the rgb fans, then plug my 3 non rgb fans into the H150, then the rgb controllers into a single lighting node and eliminate my need for the Commander AND PWM repeaters? Thanks for reading and/or input! Well, we got there. All my fan headers support pwm. I was able to run one splitter on each header (CPU, opt_cpu, chassis) and plug the h150 pump into the available water pump header. Everything spins at max speed without blowing up so far. So looks like we didn't need a consider or pwm repeater. This is not going to be the case for every Mobo though. I'm now trying to figure out why the RGB is not lit. The lighting node isn't recognized by iCue. Definitely have plenty of sata power on that psu to cover it. Assuming the lighting node is bad or possibly an rgb controller? Will update in the AM.