Corsair Community

P3 128 GB SSD problem

I got this problem too,

in this "frozen" state the P3 128 works with 8-15 Bytes /s. No KBytes or MBytes - just Bytes !

Windows will start up in normal speed on the SSD, but some seconds after login the HDD LED lights up permanently and the System "freeze".

Unplugging the SATA Cable dont fix this problem. connected to SATA 3 Port in AHCI mode

As windows starts up normally with full SSD speed, i HOPE it belongs to a service failure from windows and its NOT the SSD.

Some restarts later the system is running fine for 2 days and then it starts to freeze again.

Any solution for this ?

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest doing a secure erase on the SSD. Also make sure that you have the latest bios update for the motherboard. If you like try plugging the SSD as a secondary drive in another system and see if the issue follows

• 4 weeks later...
the problem is solved for me - without secure erase. all dirvers, incl. bios update were up to date when the problem persist but now - after some testing and switching bios mode from AHCI back to IDE mode no more problems exist and the speed is "normal fast" and acceptebale.

the problem is solved for me - without secure erase. all dirvers, incl. bios update were up to date when the problem persist but now - after some testing and switching bios mode from AHCI back to IDE mode no more problems exist and the speed is "normal fast" and acceptebale.

it will start doing it again in a few days.

Mine did, and I had to RMA it.

Quicksilver is correct, it's an issue that's prevalent with the P3 series drives, but not documentated enough to be a "known" issue I guess.

I have an RMA for my P3-128 but am holding onto it while my BBB complaint is sitting in la la hand, hoping I can just get a refund as I'm not the guy that's hoping for my third drive to work.

Archived