Corsair Community

Question about CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT-A

I'm getting ready to buy my 1st Corsair SSD and came across the product with -A (along with products without the -A). It appears the -A has slightly better specs. I've searched this forum and don't see any references for "CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT-A"

Is it really worth getting the -A model?

Thanks

I am in the same boat... currently the -A being cheaper (and easier to find) but I am not sure if it's worth to go cheap on my boot drive.

Also, this statement is SO VAGUE, I don't really call it "it's already covered"!

40GB and 60GB Force SSDs. Both the F40 and F60 are currently built using 34nm ICs. We will migrate these drives to a new design based on 25nm technology in late March. Since the capacity of these drives is already fairly modest, the F40 "-A" and the F60 "-A" will use a design that maintains density, increases performance, but will cost nominally more as a result.

While there's a GREAT level of details for 80, 115, and 120 drives performane variances, I just simply do NOT know how F60 performance has been impacted.

Could someone clarify what is the performance AND size difference between older and newer F60 drives (size looks to be the same)?

Also, how does 3000 write cycle life of 25nm affect the longevity vs. 34nm (with 5000 write cycles)?! How is that being managed. that is a WHOPPING 66% DROP!

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but at this time the only information I can give is what we have already posted.

However, I forwarded your question on to our Flash development team so if they provide any new information I will be happy to share it with you.

• 2 months later...

hi all,

am i newbee here, but need an important info about the subjet of the topic (CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT-A) what its the item correct dimensions?? i found it no where, or, what i found is impossible to be (depth:111.3 mm; witdh: 136.7 mm, height: 29.97 mm <<-- is outside the 2,5" standards...).

Where i find a correct tech spec about these ssd? (Actually want to know, that i could these drive put into a rack where driver height could not be heigher than 9,5mm)

thanks, regards,

SirFrankie

Archived