Corsair Community

Buzzing sound from 1200AX

Cobrajr122

Hey,

I know there are some problems with people getting coil whine on this model of PSU, but i am having something a bit different.

I am getting an off and on buzzing from my PSU, I have tried to record this sound on my phone with no luck, I guess the frequency is too high.

Every time it happens it lasts for about 2 seconds and can be choppy, they are roughly 4 seconds apart.

I JUST bought this PSU and its been in use for about 1 week. I have noticed this sound since the 2nd day of its operation. I thought it was an older fan I had put in the case so I did not bother with it until tonight when I unplugged that fan, and it still persisted. I kept on unplugging fans and removing vid cards until it was fanless, and just the PSU was left.

Should I be RMAing this ASAP with my retailer or be calling up corsair? I would like as little downtime as possible since this PC is used for my business.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

If you would like Corsair to replace the PSU, please Request an RMA. Your reseller or ourselves should be able to swap it out for you.

If you decide to have us replace it then once you get the RMA number, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they should be able to let you know what shipping options may be available for you.

Archived