Corsair Community

Vengeance M95 and Windows 10

Helldir

Hi,

Will this mouse and the configuration software become Windows 10 compatible in the near future?

I just bought this mouse and updated the BOIS via a Windows 8 computer at work. However, at home I'm using a Windows 10 PC. I have made a profile for Elder Scrolls Online but even though it looks like the configuration program saves it to the mouse I can't select it with the mouse. No change in the profile selector LED's and the assigned side buttons do not seem to have any functions tied to them.

I love the mouse and want to keep it.

Cheers,

Helldir

• Corsair Employee

Hello Helldir,

My apologies for the mistake, but the legacy software does work in Win10 ( tried it on my system) . I would try installing the software again to see if that works. The system at home, did you perform an "upgrade" to win10 or is it a fresh install?

Hello Helldir,

Unfortunately our legacy software is not supported on windows 10. If you love the feel of the mouse, you may want to check out our Scimitar mouse that just released. The CUE software that the Scimitar uses is compatible with Win7, Win8 and Win10.

Ouch, that's a shame. I really love the layout of the buttons on the Vengeance M95 as they are so intuitive. They are the exact reason why I didn't order the Razer Naga, Logitech G600 or the Scimitar. Their layout just doesn't work for me.

Now I don't play a whole lot of MMO's; I would mainly use it for Elder Scrolls Online and Flight Simulation. I still have my Windows 7 discs. If I create my profiles via a virtual Windows 7 machine and save them to the M95 that way, would the profiles then be functional in Windows 10?

Cheers,

Helldir

Hello Helldir,

My apologies for the mistake, but the legacy software does work in Win10 ( tried it on my system) . I would try installing the software again to see if that works. The system at home, did you perform an "upgrade" to win10 or is it a fresh install?

It is all right, Henry. My Windows 10 is an upgrade from Windows 7. It is a completely new machine that I built in the beginning of last month. However, I only had my original Windows 7 discs, so I installed Windows 7 first and then upgraded to Windows 10. It's the 64-bit home version. I have not yet upgraded to the pro-version.

The mouse works fine out of the box as such. Via the software I can change the DPI settings and the mouse will follow these settings. The software works "fine". I can create profiles, assign keystrokes to side buttons and all. I have not tried recording macroes as I don't have any use for them at this moment. Where it goes south is getting the profiles sent to the mouse. It seems that nothing can be transferred to it. I could not update the firmware either; for this I used a Windows 8.1 PC at work.

My M95 is connected to a USB 2.0 port; I only have USB 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1 ports in my PC.

Do you need a dxdiag rapport?

Cheers,

Helldir

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
So Henry! Are you there? I cannot transfer the profiles to the mouse in Windows 10 with the configuration software? Do you have a fix for it?

I was able to verify that the M95 does not work with hardware playback enabled, although it works fine without it. There is no fix for it because we are no longer developing our legacy software.

Archived