Corsair Community

Corsair V2000 Dolby Drivers Released (v2.0.7)

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employees

Hi all,

The updated Vengeance 2000 Dolby Drivers are now live. You can find it on our product page for the Vengeance 2000 or you can get it here from this link:

http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/drivers/Corsair-Vengeance-Headset-Dolby-Driver-2_0_7.zip

Excerpt:

The Corsair Headset Software Version 2.0.7 with Dolby Headphone V2 and Dolby ProLogic IIx surround sound technologies is now available for download, and is designed to be used with the Corsair Vengeance 2000 Headsets.

Version 2.0.7 is compatible with the following Windows operating systems: XP, Vista, W7, W8.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to follow these steps when installing the new driver:

Uninstall any previous version of the driver.

If prompted to do so, restart your computer.

Install the new driver.

If prompted to do so, restart your computer.

Enjoy!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says on the V 1500 product page that these will work for it as well. Is this true?

The Corsair Headset Software Version 2.0.7 with Dolby Headphone V2 and Dolby ProLogic IIx surround sound technologies is now available for download, and is designed to be used with the Corsair Vengeance 2000 and Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headsets.

Thank you so much! it was worth the wait

edit: The Corsair CP audio channel switcher which also changes the windows setting is handy.

I think there are newer and more advanced solutions for HRTF software, but in the end, compatibility is what counts :)

I found a problem with these new drivers. The bass crackles when raising it just slightly, or for a better example, using any of the audiophile presets when

I'm listening to bass intensive music. When I was using the old drivers, raising the bass was never an issue.

I've experienced this before with my old G930's but was easily fixed by lowering the volume of each channel slightly, which was done through its software.

Unfortunately, I can't do that with Corsair's software, so I'm kinda stuck here with the lack of bass when I listen to my music.

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Edit: Now I'm experiencing another problem, audio cutting off for a split second at random times.

I found a problem with these new drivers. The bass crackles when raising it just slightly, or for a better example, using any of the audiophile presets when

I'm listening to bass intensive music. When I was using the old drivers, raising the bass was never an issue.

I've experienced this before with my old G930's but was easily fixed by lowering the volume of each channel slightly, which was done through its software.

Unfortunately, I can't do that with Corsair's software, so I'm kinda stuck here with the lack of bass when I listen to my music.

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

My headset is getting really HORRIBLE i mean REALLY bass crackles with the Audiophile 1+.

The source type is 2.0 Stereo.

Interesting. Just tried it and it sounded fine.

Did you install it as instructed?

Interesting. Just tried it and it sounded fine.

Did you install it as instructed?

Yes, Allthough i did not get a restart prompt when installing the drivers and haven't restarted since.

I'm gonna try reboot and see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Worked after rebooting! If you don't get a restart prompt after INSTALLING the drivers try doing it anyway in case this happens to you!

Ok lets start:

The bass wow its distorted as hell now when i bring down the volume level of the thing im playing and turn the windows volume up the distortion disappears. weird i know

There is always static when playing something, just play something that's quite and you well hear it.

I cant go past 16bit in sample rate settings in windows, before there was 24 bit and even 32

Please fix this, I would rather wait for fully working patch than this clearly unfinished buggy one

Thanks for the update, much appreciated to know there's support for our devices still.. however, after installing the new drivers for my Vengeance 1500, bass is extremely distorted and crackling, audio seems to drop in and out (rarely and randomly), and clicking through windows folders sounds like the "clicks" are played twice among other werid "effects". These happen on stereo, 5.1 and 7.1, and on any equalizer profile, including my custom one that worked perfect on previous version.

Disabling Dolby surround fixes everything except for the bass, which I notice no difference on/off. The only sound profile that actually remotely sounds decent is the default setting on stereo w/ Dolby surround off. :(:

Hoping the problem can be found and fixed.

• Corsair Employees

PhatPhoo and 3Dosh:

Please list the following so we can get more information:

1.) Is surround on or are you on bypass mode?

2.) What preset are you using?

3.) What player are you using and what type of format is the file (MKV, MP3, FLAC, etc)?

4.) Have you been able to confirm this issue on a different machine?

5.) Is there a way you can repeat the steps? Does the crackle happen randomly? Are you seeking?

If you guys can provide more information, we can see if it can be reproduced here in the lab by our engineers.

Ok lets start:

The bass wow its distorted as hell now when i bring down the volume level of the thing im playing and turn the windows volume up the distortion disappears. weird i know

There is always static when playing something, just play something that's quite and you well hear it.

I cant go past 16bit in sample rate settings in windows, before there was 24 bit and even 32

Please fix this, I would rather wait for fully working patch than this clearly unfinished buggy one

Thanks for the tip 3dosh, I didn't know about that little fix, now I can listen to my bass intensive music and go back to playing BF3

(my ears were about to explode when I had to listen to the explosions). I just hope now they can permanently fix these issues, and

maybe add even more features (volume control for each channel, ability to assign hotkey for surround switch).

Fix around all the problems as far as I can tell.

Go Corsair headset Control panel and set it this way:

http://i.imgur.com/CqlGmqp.png

then right click the speaker icon in windows and click playback devices, then select the corsair headset you have and click configure, select 7.1 and all speakers but deselect full range speakers then next and finish .

After that click properties, got to levels and turn down line in and microphone to zero, then go to enhancements and select base management and click settings and put cross over setting to value of 30 Hz and that's it .

PhatPhoo and 3Dosh:

3.) What player are you using and what type of format is the file (MKV, MP3, FLAC, etc)?

5.) Is there a way you can repeat the steps? Does the crackle happen randomly? Are you seeking?

If you guys can provide more information, we can see if it can be reproduced here in the lab by our engineers.

1) its on all modes

2) Anything that has the bass turned up a little

3) every player, windows media player, games, adobe flash

4) i only have one headset so nope

5) i uninstalled the driver twice then reinstalled still same problem bass is way over the top and when you change the volume up and down you hear static, there is also static sounds after second from closing sound playback.

PhatPhoo and 3Dosh:

1.) I've tried all modes.

2.) All of the presets.

3.) Windows Media Player, VLC, Media Player Classic and I've been using MP3

(music) and MKV (movies).

4.) Confirmed for three computers (two PC's, one laptop).

5.) Yes, repeated them 5 times and the crackling bass is consistent.

Some things to note:

1.) Sometimes, when selecting the 5.1 surround setting with Dolby on, the bass is almost nonexistent and the volume is quite low.

2.) Switching back to 7.1 or 2.0 makes the bass and volume return, but not always.

3.) Audio cuts off randomly.

awesome. thanks for the update. everything working fine so far. games and music sounds good. ill try out the mic in ventrillo tonight. a little nit picking, but any easy way to change the icon/text in the mixer options?

image example attached

http://i48.tinypic.com/2jadxeu.jpg

EDIT: doh, just figured it out after i made the post. right click the icon -> properties. brings up the options

Archived