Corsair Community

TX650 V2 - Fan not spinning

Axoris

Hello, I've bought the TX650 V2 due to several recommendations that is the best that fits my system. I am using it for only 1 week and I just recently discovered that the fan doesn't spin. It spins few seconds after I turn the PC on, but after that it stops...

Anyways, I have read few posts here that this is how it is "supposed" to work and that it won't turn the fan on until it reaches 350W usage. I seriously doubt my PC didn't drain more than 350W during stress test (view specs).

Okay now... I have stress tested it for 5 minutes with a maxed out very demanding game and the fan still didn't spin. I don't want to use Prime95 or Furmark because they OC the system to test it's stability and I am strongly against overclock.

I just have to say that I am very disappointed...

Another stress test with Unigine Heaven benchmark with all maxed out settings possible, PSU was warm, even hot to the touch but the fan did not spin at all. There was even a tiny bit of burning rubber smell... I suppose that's because the PC is only a week old.

That is normal and the fan is controlled internally by both Heat and the load on the PSU, so the fact the fans spins when you first turn it on suggests it is working just not warm enough to turn the fan on.

Mate, It smells of burning rubber inside + you can slowly bake an egg on it... I honestly doubt it's alright.

• 1 month later...
Hello I have recently bought a Corsair TX650 V2 for my build. The back of the power supply gets hot after a few hours of game play. I am aware that the fan doesnt spin unless it reaches 50 degrees celcius inside. however while playing a demanding game I hear a faint but noticable buzz and then no sound every cople of seconds but only in a demanding game. Does my fan controller not work? should I be worried about this? Thank you please respond as soon as possible

• Corsair Employee
That sounds like normal operation, as it is not uncommon for the fan to make a slight clicking or Buzzing when it turn on and off. And as long as the system is stable and the noise is not too loud I would not worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...
That sounds like normal operation, as it is not uncommon for the fan to make a slight clicking or Buzzing when it turn on and off. And as long as the system is stable and the noise is not too loud I would not worry about it.

actually i watched the fan and it tries to spin and fails:[pouts: , i have already submitted for an RMA so hopefully the problem will be resolved.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to specify approximately at what load and temperature PSU fan should start spinning?

Mine TX650 (75-001315) starts spinning slowly only after running a CPU+GPU burn-in test for about 10-15 min.

During the normal operation it's not spinning at all and getting quite hot. Corsair approved my RMA but I'd like to make sure it's a defective one before sending it back.

My total power consumption under 100% load should be about 400W.

• Corsair Employee
The Fan as stated is controlled by Temp and load on the PSU, so at about 40% Load and when the internal temp reaches about 49 Deg C the fan will turn on and run to keep it bellow that temp and turn on and off as needed.

Thank you so much, RAM GUY!

Looks like their diagram showing it should turn on at 25% load is not accurate.

Anyway, I don't like having 50 Deg C part inside my case so I probably will never go again with fanless PSUs in the future, even if it's such reliable as Corsair.

Archived