Corsair Community

Tx650

dave1970

Here is my system.

ASROCK z77 extreme4

570GTX MSI

I5 3450 - none clocked, factory fan

Antec nine hundred with standard 4 fans.

win7

only activity playing Wow and minecraft.

Ok, so I've got the TX650 PSU and just put my computer together. I have 8g ram.

My case stays pretty cool. I don't pull a big load.

So when I boot up my PSU turns on and the fan runs for about 5 seconds, then the fan turns off and during operation, I've never seen it on.

Everything seems to work fine the PSU is still working, the fan is just not on.

I've read that the Corsair PSU's have a power saving setting, so I'm thinking that this is why the fan is off. Because It's not needed. I'm pretty sure that the 650 is overkill for my system anyway.

So I've been running my rig now for about a week with no problems.

But I would just like to find out if there is something wrong with my PSU and that it's normal for the fan not to be running. If not, then I'll have to return it here soon.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Again, the problem is that my PSU the corsair TX650 is turning on, upon boot up and the fan comes on, but then after about 5 seconds shuts off. But the PSU is still operating fine and my system is running fine, it's just that the PSU fan isn't running. --- is this normal?

• Corsair Employee
The latest version of our PSU's CP-9020038-NA will indeed support fan-less operation under low load situations so that would be normal. But the fan should start to spin up at about 30%+ Load. You can run furmark on your system and see if the fan on the PSU starts to spin once its under a load.

Here is my system.

ASROCK z77 extreme4

570GTX MSI

I5 3450 - none clocked, factory fan

######## nine hundred with standard 4 fans.

win7

only activity playing Wow and minecraft.

Ok, so I've got the TX650 PSU and just put my computer together. I have 8g ram.

My case stays pretty cool. I don't pull a big load.

So when I boot up my PSU turns on and the fan runs for about 5 seconds, then the fan turns off and during operation, I've never seen it on.

Everything seems to work fine the PSU is still working, the fan is just not on.

I've read that the Corsair PSU's have a power saving setting, so I'm thinking that this is why the fan is off. Because It's not needed. I'm pretty sure that the 650 is overkill for my system anyway.

So I've been running my rig now for about a week with no problems.

But I would just like to find out if there is something wrong with my PSU and that it's normal for the fan not to be running. If not, then I'll have to return it here soon.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Again, the problem is that my PSU the corsair TX650 is turning on, upon boot up and the fan comes on, but then after about 5 seconds shuts off. But the PSU is still operating fine and my system is running fine, it's just that the PSU fan isn't running. --- is this normal?

I have the same thing happening to me as well. My PC is working just fine and all the components are working fine but the fan on the PSU don't spin after the initial boot. Should we RMA it at this point?

Archived