Corsair Community

GA-8IK1100 problems too

Mage Jubi

I've been using twin CMX512-3200C2Pt's in a GA-8IK100 mobo with a P4 3.06-533. It ran great--until I upgraded the CPU to a P4 3.0-800. Instant BSOD's and lockups. Unable to re-install XP Pro too. I found that the memory will not run at it's rated speed of 400. Once set to 333, everything runs smooth again. Any attempt to change voltage settings, or timing always resulted in the ever popular BSOD. Perhaps I had the wrong combo of settings, but it was a definate nogo with settings on "auto". The Cpu is watercooled, and never gets over 32c. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults. Then please try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to +.01 or +.02 volts and see if that does not solve the problem. If not I would try the modules one at a time and test with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]

Hey Ram Guy, thanks for the quick response I checked to make sure the mobo had the latest bios, which it did. Next I ran each module separately with Memtest86. Module 1 ran 1 1/2 hrs. without any error message, and was quite cool to the touch. Module 2 however, had error messages pop up right away, and within 20 min., the module was down right hot to the touch. I never suspected the memory, because it ran so good at 333. The error messages as follows: 0000c156690 ffefffff (good) fffffff (bad) 00100000 (err-bits) 0000d156670 " " " I ran the test several times with the same basic results. Probably needs to be RMA'd

• Corsair Employee
Let's get your modules replaced. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it.

Archived