Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D and H110 top mounted.

SleggeAuto

Hello :-) I have just built a New pc in an Obsidian 650D With a H110 Liquid cooler. I have tried searching a little on Google about my issue, but People have not mentioned the fan directions very much...

My front fan is blowing air into the case

My rear fan is blowing air out of the case

My H110 is mounted at the top of the case where the big fan used to be.

The 2 fans on the H110 is blowing air out of the case, but not trough the radiator as it is mounted below the fans. So the 2 fans for the Liquid cooler sucks air trough the radiator.

Is this the most efficiant way to do it? Since the H110 is too big to fit the rear side of the case :-/

I have Attached a Picture which illustrates my build :-)

Is there anything I can do to make it better? Is it safe to clock my 4770 to 4GHz Without blowing air trough the radiator?

Thank you in advance :-)

/Martin

http://i39.tinypic.com/20u254y.png

Is this the most efficiant way to do it? Since the H110 is too big to fit the rear side of the case :-/

No,Pulling air through the radiator is not very efficient . I would seriously consider putting the fans under the rad so you are forcing air through the radiator to get the best heat transfer. . Other than that it looks fine.

Is it safe to clock my 4770 to 4GHz Without blowing air trough the radiator?

We really cant determine that. Watch your temps of your CPU. It will tell you what you can and cant do.

I have the 650D and H100 (will be moving in a H110 to replace it tonight)*

I have my radiator in the same spot with the fans below it pushing air out of the case after going through the rad. The other poster who mentioned that pulling air through the rad is not the most effective is correct. I saw drop of temp from just changing that config from pull to push through the rad.

I have the rear case stock fan pulling air into the case through a filter. The front 200mm fan was upgraded to a better performing (high static pressure and CFM) fan. In effect I have a "positive" pressure with the 200mm and 120mm fans as intake, front and back. The H100 is the output top. I wanted some positive pressure to keep intake air filtered as much as possible. Makes a huge difference in my environment/setup and the amount of dust on the inside of my case.

Just telling you what worked for me via trial and error and monitoring temperatures. Not professing any expertise here or application of scientific method.

*Moving to the H110 since I happened into a BLACK FRIDAY deal and would like water cooling in my Media Center Server...but want the larger radiator in my main PC...so H100 goes to the server.

Tony

Archived