Corsair Community

800D and 3-way SLI?

greug

So, i have been following this for quite a while now, and as the launch date is slowly creeping closer and closer, and the build in my head is taking more form ...i had a question jump up at me from the back of my head (scary, trust me)

I know the 800D supports 3 way SLI physical, with the last slot hanging over the edge of the PCI expansion slots, but the question i really have is the following.

How does/will the 800D handle the cooling of 3 very hot running cards pushed up next to eachother like this? In the current case i am using i have a crossflow fan blowing air down in between the gaps, but i dont see a way to do this easilly in the 800D, or, will there be sufficient cooling available just from the bottom intake fan?

Sitting on the fence, about to press pre-order, but scared ill end up frying my cards..

thanks in advance for the answer!

Never really been into watercooling to be honest, and was only just now concidering getting the H50 for my CPU cooling needs...

guess i could always toss out the standard heatshroud coolers and replace them, but my current build is already pushing the enveloppe of what i can manage to get away with (wife decided to fix my pc budget this year, bah!!)

so really if anyone could offer some insight on if it would be feasable to keep the std. cooling, would still appreciate it greatly

• Corsair Employee
With some exhaust fans at the top of the case you should have no problem keeping the system cool. With the intake fan at the bottom of the case its going to be pulling in cool air right below your video cards and the hot air should theoretically rise very rapidly due to the exhaust fans at the top.

Archived