Corsair Community

Corsair Link not varrying Fan Speed on H80i GT

sepulchre_uk

I'm trying to get my new H80iGT to auto adjust its fan speeds according to CPU temp, but to no avail. Everything is detected and I can adjust the fan manually by selecting Performance mode but in custom curve mode (with default curve) it wont budge from the lowest fan speed.

Here is a pic with the system under 100% load using AIDA64 (good temp even with lowest fan setting!) -

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qmf57d.jpg

I've completely removed the app, driver, corsair roaming folder twice over with the exact same result.

Any ideas?

For the H80i GT, do you have fan control disabled on the port the pump is connected to on the motherboard?

Sorry been away for a few days....

I don't know how I would check that tbh. The H80 is connected to a USB header, I can control the speed manually by selecting performance mode in corsair link at which point it ramps up to max RPM.

Yes, it was connected to CPU_fan, I switched it to CPU_OPT, but then corsair link fails to see the fan, the fans are still spinning so power is reaching them OK. Bios read speed as 0 rpm, this makes sense given the cable running to the fan header is 3 pin.

I've switched back to CPU_fan for the moment and now its again recognized in corsair link but is still not changing as temp increases.

I have the following options

http://i57.tinypic.com/208cpyt.jpg

It was set to normal, I've tried Full speed and manual - no difference with either. But CPU_FAN is detected in the bios and speed is shown.

I also removed the gigabyte software as this had a fan control function in case that was causing a conflict, but no joy there either.

Frankly I've spent hours trying to get this to work and I'm now getting pretty fed up with it!! I note I'm not the only person seeing this, there is a thread here which Greybeard from corsair has posted in

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hello

4 months a go i buyt the h80i gt water cooling device

for my fx9370 processor but sometimes it gets over 70 dec.

what are exactly the max fan speeds of that h80i gt??

or is it better to buy the h100 i gt for better cooling?

Naamloos.thumb.png.ffea487f551c858655eb982fd7050a57.png

Looking at the Custom Curve given the Cooler Temperature is 30.3 the Cooler Fan PWM % should be about 84% and about 2,300 RPM. Something is strange.

If you select PWM % does the Cooler Fan speed change as you change the % value and are the speeds about the same as I got?

I assume you are using CL 3.2.5742 and if not update to CL 3.2.5742.

Having the Point 4 PWM as 85% which is higher than the Point 5 PWM 80% is inappropriate. You should change this and Corsair should fix CL to sanity check the Custom Curve values. Request Corsair to do this :asskick:.

I see no point in using temperatures which are less than 20°C for the Custom Curve and advise against doing this this. I also suspect the firmware may have a low limit of 20°C.

On the 2nd image the H80iGT Cooler Fan being 900 RPM and the ASRock Motherboard fan being 1443 is not expected. The two should be about the same so I am wondering if there is a hardware issue.

The 186.83 MHz FSB speed reported by Core Temp 1.0 RC6 is not the 200MHz that I expect. What does CPUZ report as the FSB speed?

is it better to buy the h100 i gt for better cooling?

Corsair do not sell a H100iGT cooler. My view is that of the current range the H110iGT is easily the best cooler as the Asetek based H80iGT, H100iGTX and H110iGTX have far inferior firmware, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986.

Archived