Corsair Community

Firmware Doesnt see my drive "HELP"

-AHCI enabled in the BIOS and drivers installed in Windows?

-Is it plugged into the Intel SATA ports?

From the ASUS Product page for your motherboard.

Intel® X79 chipset :

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), brown

4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), black

Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller :

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray

ASMedia® ASM1061 controller :

1 x Power eSATA 6Gb/s port(s), green

1 x eSATA 6Gb/s port(s), red

-AHCI enabled in the BIOS and drivers installed in Windows?

-Is it plugged into the Intel SATA ports?

From the ASUS Product page for your motherboard.

yes, the BROWN one is the intel SSD. AHCI eneable and also windows is enable/. windows 7 boot and work fine, just can't update the firmware cause the software won't even see my drive.:confused:

I have to laugh at posts like, "... my xyz123 SSD is faster than an abc890 SSD".

What does "faster" mean? To attempt to combine all the many different performance aspects of a SSD into one general term like faster only shows ignorance of the reality of the situation. There has never been one SSD that is the fastest in every area of performance that matters and is measured by all the various tools and methods used to test SSDs. Then there are SSDs that have poorer results in various benchmark tools but when tested with real world scenarios perform much better than the so-called fastest SSDs.

It's a shame many hardware review web sites must dumb-down their reviews by labeling one product or another the fastest or faster than another. But they must deal with the "readers" that skim the first and last page of a review, and never read it and actually learn something. Not to mention the so-called reviews that are nothing more than PR for a company, and contain nothing that will educate the reader.

If a moderator is removing statements like that, good for them, since they are preventing childish nonsense from ruining their forums.

I see the moderator don't like my post on how my ******** SSD is faster than my Corsair Force 3 SSD. they delete it. They delete anything have to do with another Competitors. Epic fail
You don't have to like the rules, but you are expected to follow them. Please do not go around the filter again.

All posts have been merged into the same thread. Your post was removed because you were posting to another poster's thread with irrelevant information. They didn't have either of the drives you mentioned, not to mention all of the reasons parsec listed.

-Are you having issues with your SSD?

If not, A firmware update isn't required.

-It might be the firmware utility, Since your chipset is new. If possible, try update the firmware on a different computer.

yes sir I do. it hangs during idle. It works fine but if i left my computer for like 10 minutes or more and come back it hangs. I was hoping to be able to update the firmware and maybe solve this issues. The weird things is that the software don't even see my Corsair Force 3 240GB. I try everything from unplugged all the extra HDD, also run as a administrator. :confused:

It's not my computer issue since I have a clone of this hard drive onto another SSD, which i can't say the name or else they will delete the post. The hard drive i clone it to doesn't hang at all.

yes, the BROWN one is the intel SSD. AHCI eneable and also windows is enable/. windows 7 boot and work fine, just can't update the firmware cause the software won't even see my drive.:confused:

Try a SATA II Intel port (black).

okie it work now. It doesnt like Intel AHCI driver, after uninstall the driver and reboot windows 7 will install their drivers . Firmware update successfully, but I'm still getting random hang when windows 7 idle for 10 minutes or more. Oh well Look like I will be return the SSD back to newegg and get the ******** SSD

are my results normal or something is wrongs ? I just thought this drive would be faster :confused:

Intel sata III with AHCI enable in the bios and windows 7, trim is also enable.

Corsair Force 3 240GB

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r81/c-spec/as-ssd-benchATACorsairForc4820123-21-11AM.png

Test with ATTO. Also, please stop insulting other members. Those posts have been removed.

i will do the test with ATTO right now. As far as insulting a member, well funny cause I didnt start the trouble first. How come his post remain on here and not remove ? is it because he's backing up Corsair stuffs ? :confused:

Archived