Corsair Community

800D SSD Mounting Problem

pistolhero

I recently bought the 800d case, and love it by the way. However, I am having a problem getting my SSD to make a connection with the back of the drive bay wondering if anyone had any suggestions to try.

SSD: G Skill Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-60GBP2 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I am also using the default hot-swap bay blanks that come with the case. I found the mounting of the drive easy enough and when I put it into the case it doesn't recognize this. So I switched bays with my 600gb hdd that it did recognize in bay 2. Afterwards, my HDD was recognized in bay 1 and my SSD was still lost in bay 2. (Both bays working on backend of the interface to MB) I took out my ssd and plugged it inside of my case directly to my motherboard to test if it was DOA since I got it same day as the case. It is working fine and is still setup this way.

I was just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how to fix this or any way to see the back of those bays when I plug it in to make sure its getting connected. As I would like to be able to use all of my drives in the bay and not have it laying in my case.

*I have tried pushing up/down as I put in the drive pressing in further than I should and other such problems.

Thanks for any time invested into the matter.

Edit: Small side note.. all 3 CD/DVD Roms I have put into my top slot stops the action of the smooth-falling I/O at the top of the case. (Catches on top part of frontpanel of DVD rom if its flush) Anyone have a model that eliminates this problem?

-Seth

• Corsair Employee
I have seen that there are a few drives out there that are not compatible with any pass through adapter. If the drive is not detected in any of the hotswap bays then this is a possibility. I would check to see if there are any firmware updates for the drive, and see if it makes any difference. If all else fails we could try replacing the backplanes for you, but from what you describe there is a possibility that the SSD you are using may not work with any backplane circuit boards.

I appreciate the fast response, I also read that you can remove the backplane circuitboards? I would not be opposed to doing this and just manually running wires through that hole and out the back so my ssd is still docked. Are there any detail guides on this, as I do not want to damage the boards.. I will research it later. Thanks again

• Corsair Employee
I appreciate the fast response, I also read that you can remove the backplane circuitboards? I would not be opposed to doing this and just manually running wires through that hole and out the back so my ssd is still docked. Are there any detail guides on this, as I do not want to damage the boards.. I will research it later. Thanks again

There are just a few screws to remove for each backplane circuit board, then the it should come right off and allow you to feed your cables through.

Archived