Corsair Community

VS2GB800D2 Problem

brandondiep

So I bought two of these around mid december, both were working fine with a MSI 785 gtm-e45 and a phenom x4 9850 till yesterday when i booted pc and only fans turned on and no beeps or video. So i tried each ram stick alone, and found out that one of them were faulty ( 3 long beeps on boot). I tried it on both slots and the same results ( 3 long beeps). Now I'm running 2gbs which is not enough for gaming etc.. I was wondering if the RMA will return me the same kind of ram or should i send both back and how long would this all take ( Lives in toronto, ontario canada. Thank You

Also the ram stick that is still working will blue screen of death when the voltages are set at 1.8 which is supposed to work right? Well in bios its running at 1.85 with out bsod, but in speedfan its reading 2.26?? I am kinda confused. And in the system health check, dram voltage are not there.. the mobo is a msi 785 E45. Been having alot of problems with this board ( auto set vcore so high the board blew up ) now it might caused one of my ram sticks to blow.

Archived