Corsair Community

H60 Tech Help / Advice

scully

Hi , I have had to replace my motherboard due to chip fail, I have looked at youtube videos on installing the H60 wastercooler as this is what i have.

My questions are :

1)Do you need to use thermal paste if installing the H60 on a i7 2600k (1155 socket) if its being re-used?

some of the videos of installing this don't use thermal paste and they claim you don't need to use thermal paste in the notes? is this correct?

2)Also is the fan on the radiator supposed to suck air through the radiator from the case or blow air in from the outside through the radiator into the case?

3) and is it correct that the radiator fan power is connected to the CPU PWR header and the pump on either a case fan header or the 2nd cpu pwr header?

i have heard that if you connect the pump to the 2nd cpu header it can cause overheating due to the thermerstat controlling the voltage in line with the temprature?

which is the best connector to use for the pump?

i have no instructions for this h60 and i didnt install it so i am asking here for the correct info.. thanks for the help guys :)

Archived