Corsair Community

A7n8x

zeus55

I am having a problem with a matched pair of XMS3205V1.1 sticks on an Asus A7N8X Delux. The board will boot, but only with 100FSB defaults. Any attempt to alter these results in boot failure, and the cmos must be reset before another boot is allowed. I have no such problem using Kingston pc400 RAM Please advise.

• Corsair Employee
But what are the other settings? I assume that you have them at default? Please try and set the settings like this. With AMD platform if you try to run the CPU at 166 Mhz for example and the memory at DDR400 it may cause a bottleneck in the chipset and generate errors that are not the fault of the memory. Please try these settings and test the system with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] CPU Freq: 166Mhz Memory Freq: 100% Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

My question is, what AMD CPU runs at 2.6 GHZ? I assume you ment to say a 2600 CPU. The 266 FSB Thoroughbred runs at 16x133, the 333 T-bred runs at 12.5x166 and the 2600 Barton runs at 11.5x166. The resulting clock speeds would be: 2.133 2.083 1.917 Whatever CPU you're using, your RAM should be running at a 266 or 333 FSB for best stability. Also, follow RAM GUY's advice with Memtest.

Archived