Corsair Community

Scimitar keeps pressing keys when tabbed out

Sunzz

So I updated my windows using the usual "check for updates" and after installing them my cue software was crashing constantly when starting up. So I upgraded to the latest cue software which seems to work OK...

When I play fortnite I seem to get these weird bugs with my mouse side buttons. Sometimes the keys work, sometimes they are delayed and other time they don't work at all. I tabbed out and the number 9 (that's my inventory in game) was constantly being typed in the discord chat over and over, and even lagged my discord so much no one could hear me(Internets 100 percent ok)

I'm so confused about this, I tried to back date to an older version of cue but they all crash on me. Any tips?

EDIT also my mouse only turns on with the computer 50 % of the time. I swear this awesome mouse is let down by horrible software

I have a very similar problem. Where my action key (f) in an MMO I play will continually be sent after intense battles, which I have bound to one of my side buttons. So if I try to use the chat window, it will just spam the f button.

Alternatively it will also sometimes either spam or hold either the CTRL or ALT keys, like sticky keys was enabled (it isn't). Sometimes randomly hitting random mouse buttons will turn this off, but until then, it is impossible to use my computer due to the sheer number of commands that are fired using a combination of those keys and other keys. These get spammed in and out of game.

This all only seems to happen after long intense fights where I'm hitting a lot of keys on both my keyboard and mouse.

Both my CUE software and Scimitar (I bought it at retail on release day) are up to date, but this has been a long standing issue.

This also affects the people on teamspeak that have scimitar mice. Their solution is to just reboot their computers, not a good solution.

Edit: My actions that I use are all 1:1 direct key maps, not macros. I have a macro, but I don't use it for battles, so it should be an issue in this case.

So I updated my windows using the usual "check for updates" and after installing them my cue software was crashing constantly when starting up. So I upgraded to the latest cue software which seems to work OK...

When I play fortnite I seem to get these weird bugs with my mouse side buttons. Sometimes the keys work, sometimes they are delayed and other time they don't work at all. I tabbed out and the number 9 (that's my inventory in game) was constantly being typed in the discord chat over and over, and even lagged my discord so much no one could hear me(Internets 100 percent ok)

I'm so confused about this, I tried to back date to an older version of cue but they all crash on me. Any tips?

EDIT also my mouse only turns on with the computer 50 % of the time. I swear this awesome mouse is let down by horrible software

I have had a similar problem where It could keep typing the key or just do it definite times, this is usually caused by high resource consumption/lag. After using the buttons a few times I got them working like the should again. However this could be a different problem, so idk.

Also got the exact same issue. Occasionally a button will just keep spamming until I press it again. Most of the time I only notice it until I alt-tab to find it spamming a key in the chat. But sometimes it's caused me to do actions/waste abilities when I really don't want to. -.-

Only started happening recently, probably with an update. Before that it was fine.

• 1 month later...

Archived