Corsair Community

Commander Pro USB ports not working

jwar

Hello to all,

I have had the darnedest of times trying to submit a ticket to support. It would seem that the Commander Pro does not come up under the support selections when submitting a ticket. Grr That is one mark against you Corsair. But nevertheless I will list my issue and see if anyone else is having this problem. I will have to call Corsair to get this resolved as I can not submit a ticket the way the system is currently setup. So without further Ado .

I just completed install of two (2) Commander Pro units CL-9011110-WW with seven HD140RGB fans, Two 3 pin Thermaltake 120 case fans, 1 Corsair H115i AIO cooler. Corsair Link Software version (4.9.3.25) connected to an ASUS Maximus Formula IX. After installing Windows 10 PRO 64bit. I came to find out that my H115i AIO was not displaying in Corsair link or Windows 10 under USB devices. Nor was my Thermaltake PSU RGB1250W. Both of these units are connected into the Commander Pro (SN277917179701) USB ports. I checked all cabling and read several forum post and decide to use an external Mini B USB Cable. I used a mini B cable to connect to a USB port on the back of my PC and now I can see my H115i AIO.

My H115i AIO was connected to the USB hub on the commander pro along with my Thermaltake PSU. Neither of these devices are reading in the windows operating system nor is the H115i AIO reading in the Corsair link. That is why I took the following steps. I either have bad cables on both my H115I AIO and my PSU or a bad commander pro or bad H115i and or bad PSU.

I have two commander pros installed into my system one with the USB ports used and the other one without the ports. See my troubleshooting steps listed;

Step one; I updated the firmware in both Commander pro units.

Step two; I used independent cables to connect both the PSU and AIO to external USB ports. I verified that the Corsair H115i AIO and the Thermaltake RGB1250W PSU were operational and register with in the Windows environment. (They both checked out operational with external cables.)

Step three; I then connected after power down both the H115i AIO and the PSU with their perspective USB Mini B cable(s) to a NZXT internal USB hub. Again both units showed up in the windows environment and the H115i AIO showed up in the Corsair link.

Step four; I then connected to the other Corsair Commander Pro unit’s USB connectors. The result is that both the H115i and the Thermaltake PSU were recognized by windows.

Step five; Just to be sure that I had everything connected properly the first time. I reconnected to the Commander Pro that I was originally connected to. Again neither of the two devices showed up so now I have confirmed that the Commander Pro is not fully functional regarding all inputs/outputs.Regarding the USB ports. And before anyone asks the Commander Pro does show up in Windows under Connected USB devices and in Corsair Link as Commander Pro unit 2.

So in summary I have a bad Commander Pro (SN 277917179701) PN CL-9011110-WW and will need a warranty replacement for the Commander Pro. If I can ever get the Corsair support web page to work or someone on the phone to help me.

Wow. That's pretty thorough troubleshooting.

On the support ticket, you can put in Family: "Corsair Link", Product Series: "Corsair Link" and then use CL-9011110-WW for the part number. That should get you to be able to create a ticket.

I just have one question for you ... the power for the Commander Pro. Is that straight SATA direct from the PSU? Or is it via a molex to SATA adapter?

I have both Commander Pro units connected directly into the sata power cable (no adaptors) that connects to the Thermaltake RGB1250W PSU. All cables that provide power to any component are factory from Thermaltake.

Actually all of the Corsair Products that are installed connect to the same sata power cable That way I can monitor the power draw and amperage on the line.

See included picture and right now the cables are all loose had to do that to get back into the wire management and remove the usb cables out of the bundle. once everything is said and done it will be neat again.

Thanks for the tip. I will try to submit that way.

20171211_124440.thumb.jpg.c4d36ab3745c9e656572f511c377c0fe.jpg

Wow. That's pretty thorough troubleshooting.

On the support ticket, you can put in Family: "Corsair Link", Product Series: "Corsair Link" and then use CL-9011110-WW for the part number. That should get you to be able to create a ticket.

I just have one question for you ... the power for the Commander Pro. Is that straight SATA direct from the PSU? Or is it via a molex to SATA adapter?

Your help and suggestion worked in regards to submitting a ticket. Thank you for your assistance.

Corsair has received your request. Your ticket # is 656789.

• 1 month later...

Archived