Corsair Community

Morse Code like beeping coming from PSU?

Vanel

Full specs in profile.

I upgraded my RAM from 4GBx2 Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 to 4GBx4.

I changed nothing else in the system except adding the RAM.

As soon as I powered up I started getting this very odd beeping sound which I'm relatively positive is coming from the PSU, which is a TX850M.

I recorded the sound, see below, I'm aware it could be coming from somewhere else based on the FAQ, but I'm 90% sure it's coming from the PSU and wanted to get some opinions on it before I start tearing my PC apart to find this noise, as I stated I'm 90% sure it's the PSU.

This sound isn't technically new, on occasion I would hear it but the volume was *much* lower and it was barely audible, ever since installing the RAM the sound is *much* louder, it's loud enough that it can not be ignored.

*Edit - Wanted to add a few points -

-Sound was recorded while PC was idle, sound doesn't seem to get any worse or better depending on load

-Sound is present even before booting into windows

-Idle pull on PSU is <200W

-Nothing is overclocked

*edit 2 - Sound definitely coming from PSU, I checked all the components with a microphone and the sound is by far the loudest when putting it to the exhaust of the PSU

• Corsair Employee
More than likely it is just a coil making some noise it will not ham the system but if its to loud you can request and RMA and we can replace it. But I would check the sticky on Noisy PSU and try changing some of the settings listed in your BIOS to see if it goes away.

• 3 weeks later...
Full specs in profile.

I upgraded my RAM from 4GBx2 Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 to 4GBx4.

I changed nothing else in the system except adding the RAM.

As soon as I powered up I started getting this very odd beeping sound which I'm relatively positive is coming from the PSU, which is a TX850M.

I recorded the sound, see below, I'm aware it could be coming from somewhere else based on the FAQ, but I'm 90% sure it's coming from the PSU and wanted to get some opinions on it before I start tearing my PC apart to find this noise, as I stated I'm 90% sure it's the PSU.

This sound isn't technically new, on occasion I would hear it but the volume was *much* lower and it was barely audible, ever since installing the RAM the sound is *much* louder, it's loud enough that it can not be ignored.

*Edit - Wanted to add a few points -

-Sound was recorded while PC was idle, sound doesn't seem to get any worse or better depending on load

-Sound is present even before booting into windows

-Idle pull on PSU is <200W

-Nothing is overclocked

*edit 2 - Sound definitely coming from PSU, I checked all the components with a microphone and the sound is by far the loudest when putting it to the exhaust of the PSU

I'm having the same issue, my PSU is the TX750...I'm thinking about RMA this one.

Archived