Corsair Community

K70: I am not able to enter BIOS

leroi

Hello,

I have the issue, that with my K70 (red, rapidfire) I am not able enter BIOS.

It looks like to me, that the keyboard is activated only when Windows is already starting.

I have the latest software 1.16.42 installed.

Maybe you are able to help me.

Thank you,

leroi

Windows 10, Intel system

If you have fast boot enabled, double check your UEFI USB initialisation settings and make sure it is set to full initialisation or disable fast boot temporarily. You can access the UEFI via Windows recovery.

If that did not help, Enable BIOS mode via the polling switch or F1+Windows lock key. (For keyboards that do not have the polling switch)

Hi again,

I am sorry, but I really don't know what exactly you mean with "UEFI USB initialisation settings". I could not find something like this in the UEFI.

My board is a MSI Gaming Z5

Thanks again,

leroi

OK, I deactivated MSI-Fastboot and left normal fastboot on. It now works.

MSI-Fastboot obviously deactivates some USB-functionality. By turning it off, the system takes some more seconds for startup. This does not play a role.

Thanks a lot for the good help!!!

the bios's or uefi has a fastboot option which should have a setting to detect keybord and mice only (connected to usb) and leave all other usb devices unseen while booting.

That setting is probably off when you turn on the uefi fastboot.

making it so your keybord and mice are not detected during boot time and you can't access the bios/uefi.

Simplest solution is to just reset your bios or uefi to default settings.

Archived