Corsair Community

900d top panel

Hopper64

Oh, OK. I will try that and report back. Thanks. BTW-I couldn't find anything on this in the quick start guide.

While I don't expect a printed, bound manual these days, I think that they should do video user guide.

When I press the release button on my 900D, the side panel can be moved fairly easily. If you need a screw driver, something perhaps shifted or got bent in shipping. Are you not able to press the button and use your fingers at all the remove the panel? Can you tell where it might be catching?

I experienced the same issue, (not the finger nail one, the "stuck door".) When the button is depressed, the door is unlocked, but it doesn't pop out.

I recall seeing videos where it appeared to open automatically, or at least very easily. I have a 800D, and it pops open when the button is pressed.

The case arrived in pretty good condition; the box and packing material weren't damaged. Everything in the case was intact, except for one item. It's a plastic bracket that is attached to the roof:

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8559/900brokenpiece.jpg

I opened a ticket with support, but haven't heard back from anyone.

I don't think it is related to the door issue, (the rear door is also sticky), but it might be something to check on your system.

Yea, I thought it unlikely that both side panels would be defective or damaged. Both of my side panels stick, so I use a very small proble to jiggle the panel away from the side. I have seen videos as well where the side panel pops off as you say, and others where it appears to stick a little.

I will check that part later today. Where is it exactly? Mine had no visible damage also. Thanks for your help.

Yea, I thought it unlikely that both side panels would be defective or damaged. Both of my side panels stick, so I use a very small proble to jiggle the panel away from the side. I have seen videos as well where the side panel pops off as you say, and others where it appears to stick a little.

I will check that part later today. Where is it exactly? Mine had no visible damage also. Thanks for your help.

See picture:

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/1796/capture00430.th.jpg

Oh well. A bit more difficult than I thought. The cracked one for me is on the side with the MB tray, so getting it out is going to be a chore. ??? I will bet yours Deees is on the window side, isn't it? That one is easy to remove, but check the other side. Not going to be fun to fix this one.

Yes, it looks like you need to unscrew the front bezel and then remove the mount for the sliding bolt. Or, contact Corsair, and they'll probably ship you another one, when they have stock.

BTW, none has picked up my ticket yet, so it looks like Corsair is out on holiday. You may need to wait until next week to get an answer.

I guess this plastic part is simply a guide for the bar. Seems to work OK even though one piece has fallen off. Don't think this is a big deal.

I think I fixed the sticking problem. The lower rail on which the window panel sits seemed to be slightly bent out. I simply rotated that rail towards the interior of the case and the side panel now comes off without issue. Used very little force to twist the rail and it seems to work fine now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is old but how did you bend the rail? I have the same issue and I don't want to rma or return this as I'm a very busy person and won't have time to do it for maybe a week or so.

I don't want to break anything because I have gorilla hands. Did you use much force to bend it or a tool?

Thanks in advance.

I simply rotated the rail (twisted it) towards the interior of the case, very gently, not to damage it. I did not use a tool and very little force was needed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and bent the crap out of it, bent it back but no success. The case is so flimsy that I'm afraid to break something. I just decided to get a refund and ditch the headache.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and bent the crap out of it, bent it back but no success. The case is so flimsy that I'm afraid to break something. I just decided to get a refund and ditch the headache.

I wish that worked for you. It did for me. Hadn't had an issue since.

Archived