Corsair Community

Recorded macros sometimes work, sometimes don't.

ceugene

I'm using very simple key-repeat macros in WoW to simulate mashing...on some nights they work just fine, on others I have to mess around with the delays.

The macros are basically key down - key up - 25ms delay and the continuous while pressed playback option. All delay options in the sub menu are unchecked. What happens is I hold down the key and it doesn't register. If I tap the key or mash it then it does register for a time, then it stops randomly.

I've tried shorter delays, longer delays, delays between key down/up, before down/up, fixed macro delay. I've tried hardware playback enabled and disabled. Nothing seems to work quite right. This has only been a problem since upgrading to 2.12 and the recent keyboard firmware.

Did something major change with the firmware? Is it the 2.12 software (specifically K90hid.exe).

I think I may have figured it out, but not sure. When applying changes to various cells/values like the Fixed Macro Delay option, it is absolutely necessary to hit Enter rather than just floating to another interface element and clicking on it. The changes won't register and that causes problems. The same goes for for "Insert Delay." I guess this issue presented itself because there's no longer an "Apply" button.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, still not completely working. Sometimes holding down one macro immediately after pressing another key fails to register the macro at all. Sometimes when I hold down the macro, it doesn't repeat like I want it to. This second bug is inconsistent and I can't figure out what triggers it.

In the meantime I've gone back to my old keyboard while the software gets sorted out. I noticed some odd conflicts when both keyboards are plugged in as well.

Archived