Corsair Community

SIDE BUTTONS just unusable M90

FrenchTouch

Hi, i want to share my point of view of that incredible fail of this M90 launch.

I'd just spend 90 euros to aquire this mouse, and i very disapointed to see that the side buttons cannot be use in game .... Yes, forward, backward doesn't work properly, and we cannot use the other buttons.

It's not a serious job. Finaly i 've got more buttons on my Logitech G9 with the left and right scroll button. And they work in game !

I heard that there is a new updated of the software to be release soon. I will wait until that 30 december. Maybe i will change my jugement after, or maybe not.

This mouse is Designed For Performance Gaming as it's write on the box. Now you have to change your software for Gamer please.

The way the buttons work is like this (i'm going to use WoW as an example since that's where everyone seems to be having issues). Lets say you have Wind Shear bound on your bar (Bar 1 which is buttons 1 through =) in game at the 9 button location. Instead of going into Key Bindings in game and trying to bind that key to the mouse button you want, bind 9 to the mouse button in the mouse software instead.

This first screenshot is of the WoW ui key bindings and the button bar..

WoW%252520UI.jpg

This shot is of the Corsair software. What i've done is gone to the proper profile (WoW), and selected the button i want Wind Shear bound to (button 9). I've also renamed it to Wind Shear.. you don't have to do that. Once you select the mouse button you want it bound to (Button 9), hit the MR (Macro Record) button on top and press 9 (Don't keep it pressed, just press it and release). Hit the MR button again to stop recording. Hit apply. Wind Shear should now be bound to button 9 on the mouse and it should work in game as long as your on the correct profile. You can do this with any button on the bars.. it should even work with the other bars as long as you click the same buttons in the Macro Record as the assigned keys in game. For instance, if you are using Bar 2 (Which i think is Shift+number keys) all you have to do is click Shift and the number key you want bound.. as an example, Shift 9.

Hopefully this works for you.

Corsair%252520SS.jpg

First of all, sorry my english because i'm french.

Thank you for the help. But it's doesn't work in a game like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim.

The only buttons who work in this game is the forward and backward button. I talk about the originaly bind button. If you change assign of forward and backward buttons, it's doesn't work.

So finaly, it seems to be more than one problem.

I think WOW is a game who can understand the same "language" than the mouse.

The other game, maybe because there are not programmate as good as the other, cannot read the side buttons mouse.

I've done everything you showed.

I think Corsair have test their mouse on MMO only where there is a deeper programmation of the buttons we can use.

We can't expect have a solution by the Corsair team until the Dec 30.

Corsair Customer Service will be closed from Dec 23 till Dec 30. We will resume normal operations on January 2, 2012.

So keep going help each other, maybe we can found a real solution.

Once again thanks for the help ;) :o:

As far as I can tell, this only allows you to "tap" the keys in the macro. Is there a way to bind a key combination (IE ALT+T) to a button where the keys stay down until you release the mouse button?

What he said. There is a way to make it repeat while pressed, but it's not the same as holding down a keyboard button. It simulates pressing a button over and over at the assigned delay. If I'm wrong I hope I'm corrected because this particular issue is what is preventing me from enjoying my new M90 and still use my old mouse... well that and the fact that it doesn't work in game.

First of all, sorry my english because i'm french.

Thank you for the help. But it's doesn't work in a game like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim.

The only buttons who work in this game is the forward and backward button. I talk about the originaly bind button. If you change assign of forward and backward buttons, it's doesn't work.

So keep going help each other, maybe we can found a real solution.

Once again thanks for the help ;) :o:

I'm having the exact same problem. I play a few games, primarily Skyrim at the moment, and I can't get any of the buttons working.

I have tried using the Corsair software to bind the keyboard keys the game uses, and I have tried binding from within the game (which I prefer because you don't need a ton of profiles). Neither one works.

I have had the mouse over a week. I heard it was supposed to be fixed on the 30th of December. It's not.

This should have been taken care of BEFORE the mouse was offered for sale to the public, NOT after when Corsair has our money.

Look, I expect things like this from cheap fly-by-night companies who just try to get your money and then hit the road, but I expect a company like Corsair to have this stuff sorted out BEFORE I put my money on the table.

Corsair has really gone down a few notches on my book over this fiasco. I used to think of Corsair as a top-of-the-line company, but not any more. I will consider other companies products before Corsair products from now on.

The attempt at making us happy by claiming they need time to correct the software is a pretty poor attempt to correct something that should have been working before the product was put up for sale in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
I have to tell you that i have send back my product and i will buy an another mouse (G7 from logitech). You've just disapoint me, and i will share my opinion on internet, youtube, etc... Because it's a big joke, it's not a simple programming fail, it's incompetence. I waist my time to buy, test, wait for software, and send back, refund etc... It's not serious for a Corsair team. 0/20 ! Have a nice day !!

• Corsair Employee

FrenchTouch:

The buttons do work in games. Windows only maps the keys in windows, in turn games you can not press say button 11 on the mouse and have it work. You need to record a macro from the keyboard to that button.

For example with my M60, i have the sniper button to pull out a nade and through it, Profile up button is my pull out ammo and drop it, the profile down pulls out the C4 and plants three.

Remember you also need to run the mouse in hardware playback to have it run in games. The games will not allow software playback for macros.

Archived