Corsair Community

H115i PRO, LL140 fans and Commander Pro

isteriografos

Hi there. I'm the very happy owner of the Corsair Commander, RGM Fan LED Hub and 3x LL 120 fans accompanied by 2x LL140's. I am ordering a Hydro H115i PRO AIO end of the week from a local supplier. All of the above accompanied with Lighting Pro for future addition of RGB LED strips, to be built into my Obsidian 500D as soon as all components have been procured.

Looking at YouTube reviews of the H115i PRO, I notice that the ML fans included in the kit plug into the pump assembly. However, I want to replace the included ML's with 2x LL140's while using the 3x LL120's as case fans. All fans and pump to be controlled via iCUE so I need to connect everything to the Commander Pro.

Question 1: Do I connect the pump 4-pin connector to the motherboard's 4-pin header marked "pump"?

Question 2: Can I now connect the 2x LL140's on the radiator directly to Commander Pro and LED Fan Hub without connecting any of the fans to the pump assembly?

Question 3: Since all my fans are LL's (although varying in size) I presume I should not encounter problems in controlling them through Commander Pro? I do know that one should not mix various fan models on one Commander (e.g. LL's and ML's)

Question 1: Do I connect the pump 4-pin connector to the motherboard's 4-pin header marked "pump"?

The pump has a 3-pin fan connector. It should be connected to the motherboard's CPU_FAN header. Its only purpose is to provide a signal preventing a CPU Fan error on boot.

Question 2: Can I now connect the 2x LL140's on the radiator directly to Commander Pro and LED Fan Hub without connecting any of the fans to the pump assembly?

The fan power/speed headers (not the RGB headers) can (and should) be connected to the pump's fan headers. Note that Zero RPM mode on these coolers only works with the stock fans.

Question 3: Since all my fans are LL's (although varying in size) I presume I should not encounter problems in controlling them through Commander Pro? I do know that one should not mix various fan models on one Commander (e.g. LL's and ML's)

This is really about mixing fans on the same RGB Fan Hub. And you should be fine.

In closing, in the future, it would be better to start a new thread for your specific questions.

Archived