Corsair Community

Corsair Link Not Detecting LNP

jameseames91

^ Title **Please help**

Got three LL120s as gifts and bought two LL140s (without LNP originally). After installing and only seeing 4 of 5 fans light up (white only) I did some research and quickly realized I needed the Lighting Node Pro, so I returned the 2 LL140's and bought the dual pack (2 140s with LNP).

I thought this would resolve the issue, but now the fans don't even light at all. I tried 2 different USB 2.0s on my MOBO and switched out the lighting hub. I also tried a few different SATA connections. Getting irked why this won't detect in Link... the fans are spinning and my specs are below.

Mobo: ASUS Z170-A

CPU: Intel i5-6600k

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

CPU Cooler: Cosair H60

RAM: G Skill TridentZ 3200

PSU: Seasonic 650W

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

FYI - I also have the Corsair 570x which has a lighting hub already (pack came with one anyway) so I know the SP fans LEDs work.

Are you saying that the Lighting Node Pro doesn't show up in Link at all? Can you post a screen shot of your Link configuration screen?

Also, to confirm, you don't have LL and SP fans in the same fan hub, correct?

Can you take a look in USBDView (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see if it's listed in there?

You'll be looking for Vendor ID 1b1c and Product ID 0c0b.

That's correct, I only have LL fans connected to the hub.

Today after 12 hours of being off, when I turned on the PC 2 of the LL120s have 1 (out of 12?) LED on. It's the upper left light, one is red and one is green (very faint).

It is not on the USBDview either.

Leads me to believe if the SATA cable is getting enough power? Is there a way to adjust this?

Capture.thumb.PNG.b77d2129a18441e7eb36b95c12b22b78.PNG

USBDview.thumb.PNG.9b245a8240da5d94e391240674c5ef37.PNG

Leads me to believe if the SATA cable is getting enough power? Is there a way to adjust this?

No, you can't adjust the power provided by the SATA cable. It's actually a standard amount of power over 3 voltages.

Why would you think this tho? 650W should be plenty for your system. How many devices do you have on that SATA cable? Do you have any adapters in the picture?

Just a suggestion, I don't know.

No adapters that I know of. PSU is a semi-modular... dont know if that matters either.

No, it doesn't. And Seasonic is typically a pretty solid PSU brand.

Do you have other USB headers to try? If so and it still doesn't show up, my thought is that you have a bad Lighting Node Pro. Open a support ticket to get it replaced.

Archived