Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 Harshness

Vaag

Hello everyone!

I just purchased the Corsair SP 2500 speaker set, upgrading from my old Altec Lansing ATP3 set.

Now that I've set everything up, I have some questions and observations.

I have noticed some harshness/crackling from the satellites when playing certain music files.

I find it hard to describe, but it sounds a bit like the treble-button has been dialed up too far, almost sounding tinny next to my old speakers.

I have tried several different types of files, from poor mp3's to flawless FLAC's.

The crackling doesn't seem to be present (at least not noticably) in all music, but most music sounds too "trebly", like the highs are exaggerated.

I've left the settings on "Reference" and my soundcard settings are on "Hifi", meaning no extra effects or anything is added.

Since the included RCA-cable was too short for my setup, I'm using a high quality RCA-to-RCA-cable from another supplier.

Is this normal?

Do the speakers need to "burn-in"?

Did I miss something when setting things up maybe?

I hope that someone can help!

As it turns out, it seems to be a combination of software and a little burn-in...

I noticed a big difference in sound quality from media player to media player, so after updating codecs, drivers and whatnot, there was a very noticable improvement.

Also, I am under the impression that the speakers need a little time to "burn in"... ten or twelve hours in, the sound seems to settled a little.

Anyways, all is peachy now and they annihilate the ATP3's :biggrin:

Archived