Corsair Community

650D Side Panel Questions

zinzan

Accidentally scratched the window on my side panel last night. Was being lazy, and removed the panel while standing on the other side of the case, then lifted it and let it fall just enough to graze the corner of the case. Love the case, but those are some sharp corners!

It's actually not too bad, only about an inch long and not very deep. Anybody have any experience with using something like Novus Plastic Polish on a case window? I also see a lot of plastic polish automotive products.

Or is there any way to get a replacement window from Corsair? I looked at case accessories on their web site and didn't see it.

My final question is regarding sound differences between solid case panels and windowed case panels. I've always wondered if a solid side panel makes a noticeable difference in sound dampening compared to a windowed side panel. Anybody know? I probably won't go that route, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Z

Don't think I was clear. I was asking if it was possible to get a replacement for just the plastic window, not the solid side panel or the entire windowed side panel--just the piece of clear plastic.

Regarding the solid side panel, I asked if it would be significantly quieter than the windowed side panel.

Thanks,

-Z

I am sorry but you would have to order a new panel the parts are not available other wise.

From what I can see on the Corsair Case Accessories site, the side mesh is available, and the solid side panel is available. But apparently, the side window is NOT available? And I don't see a windowed side-panel available, either.

So my only choice is to replace my windowed side panel with a solid side panel?

Or live with the scratch, or try to polish it out, I guess.

So, does anyone have any experience trying to polish a clear plastic panel?

And if I were to get the solid side panel, would I notice any change in noise dampening?

Thanks,

-Z

From what I can see on the Corsair Case Accessories site, the side mesh is available, and the solid side panel is available. But apparently, the side window is NOT available? And I don't see a windowed side-panel available, either.

So my only choice is to replace my windowed side panel with a solid side panel?

Or live with the scratch, or try to polish it out, I guess.

So, does anyone have any experience trying to polish a clear plastic panel?

And if I were to get the solid side panel, would I notice any change in noise dampening?

Thanks,

-Z

Call customer support they will probably sell you a side panel with a window, just my guess!

Thanks, fvbounty. I think I can live with the scratch, or try to polish it out. I'd consider buying the solid side panel, but I can't find any reference to improved noise reduction.

-Z

Put some sound deadening material on the inside of the solid panel?

Archived