Corsair Community

Custom Corsair cables compatible...

James7679

I have an RM850i, with the CP-8920156 cables. Are they compatible with the HXi or AXi series as well? I know the spec sheet doesn't list them, but they were made before the AXi and HXi series, so I'm hoping I can get lucky. I don't want to have to buy new custom cables.

The 24-Pin is not compatible with the HXi series, only the GREY HX series. However, the other cables can be used, PCIe / EPS / SATA.

Do you have a compatible part # in black and white? For the 24pin..

Also, you didn't mention the AXi series.

Thank you

It's the same thing with the AXi series.

Question though, if you already own an RMi, why ask about compat for the HXi/AXi? Are you planning to move over to one of those PSUs?

Need a 1000w and was exploring my options. Thought maybe a better UL rating might help my electric bill a bit. 7700k @5.1 24-7 and 2x GIGABYTE Waterforce 1080ti.

Here she is with the two 1080s. It's getting one 1080ti tonight and the other after I select my new PSU. Unless you think the RM850i can handle it. :) lol

The RM850i is more than enough to handle both and its performance is absolutely fine. Even if you moved up to 1000W, you're still going to draw the same amount of power. If you wanted to go to a platinum rated unit that has compatibility for Type 4 sleeved cables, go for the HX Series HX1000.

The RM850i is more than enough to handle both and its performance is absolutely fine. Even if you moved up to 1000W, you're still going to draw the same amount of power. If you wanted to go to a platinum rated unit that has compatibility for Type 4 sleeved cables, go for the HX Series HX1000.

You really think my RM850i can handle two 1080ti's and my CPU at 5.1? If so, I'll give it a shot. Does the HX series. Have corsair link?

You really think my RM850i can handle two 1080ti's and my CPU at 5.1? If so, I'll give it a shot. Does the HX series. Have corsair link?

Yes for sure! If you purchase a P4400 Kill-A-Watt sensor, it'll show you exactly how much wattage your PC is using when running a game or unigine. Check it out and you'll that you're going to be around 630W~ or so.

The HX series does not have the CORSAIR LINK feature. Only units with an "i" after their rated wattage will.

Archived