Corsair Community

[cm3x20481333c9dhx] add other mem?

luke23

1) hello to all

2) sorry fot my bad english

I have a pc desktop with a 2x2Gb ram installed in dual channel "CM3X2048-1333C9DHX XMS3-1333 9-9-9-24 1.70V VER. 3.2"

I want add other ram.

I can't find other same ram but i find

"TW3X4G1333C9A" link -> http://www.corsair.com/tw3x4g1333c9a.html

or

"CMV4GX3M2A1333C9" link -> http://www.corsair.com/cmv4gx3m2a1333c9.html

Are there problems?voltage etc? I want oly that my pc start .. i have non interest in dual channel etc etc.. only strart without problem.

Thanks to all

best regard

Luca

its not suggested, supported or recommended to combine 2+ kits of ram, even the SAME part#.

if you want 8 gig then remove what you have and buy a single 8 gig kit. mixing kits is not ideal at all.

thanks a lot for answer

so if i would add 4gb ram and keep my old 4gb ram, i can't do it? right? corsair or not corsair..

i must only remove old ram, and bye 4x2 or 1x8 ram..

edit: and if i add only 2GB?is it same?

so if i would add 4gb ram and keep my old 4gb ram, i can't do it? right? corsair or not corsair..

You can try it, but all bets are off. There is just no way to guarantee that any two random kits would play nice with each other.

i must only remove old ram, and bye 4x2 or 1x8 ram..

What MB? Most older systems cant use 8gig modules. So depending on the board you would have to have a 2x4gig kit

What MB? Most older systems cant use 8gig modules. So depending on the board you would have to have a 2x4gig kit

on the MB there are 6 slots of ram.. 3 red and 3 black.. it's recent MB..max 3-4 years old..but now i can't say you model sorry

on the MB there are 6 slots of ram.. 3 red and 3 black.. it's recent MB..max 3-4 years old..but now i can't say you model sorry

If it has 6 slots , then it's an X58 chipset MB and and can NOT use 8 gig modules.

Not only that,you would wanta 12gig kit that has three modules. Not a two stick 8 gig kit.

If it has 6 slots , then it's an X58 chipset MB and and can NOT use 8 gig modules.

Not only that,you would wanta 12gig kit that has three modules. Not a two stick 8 gig kit.

thanks so much!

tomororow i'll buy new 2x2gb kit

i'll add near old 2x2gb kit.

and i hope..

tomororow i'll buy new 2x2gb kit

i'll add near old 2x2gb kit.

Why are you using just two or 4 sticks? Witht that Mb you should be using a 3 or 6 stick kit for triple channel operation. Your not getting the best performance you could by using the wrong memory.

Why are you using just two or 4 sticks? Witht that Mb you should be using a 3 or 6 stick kit for triple channel operation. Your not getting the best performance you could by using the wrong memory.

i don't know. The pc i buy had only 2x2GB ram installed.

Now i want upgrade, but for triple channel i must add Identitcal model right? but this ram i cant find in the shop or other.. i found only 2 model in my first post..

i'll buy TW3X4G1333C9A mem.. with xms3..i'll add them on 2 black slots so i'll have 2 red slot and 2 black slot installed..(1 red and 1 black free)

If you want to stick with the XMS line then any of these kits from this page is what you want for yur MB.

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/xms-classic.html

This would be the best choice for you though. And just use it by itself. Do not try to add it to your original kit.

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/xms-classic/xms3-12gb-triple-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmx12gx3m3a1600c9.html

Archived