Corsair Community

H150i pro new build

Jetblue291

Hi guys, just finished building my new system, Aurous gaming 7 8700k win 10 pro. First question is can i maintain pump speed control without using link software, if so where should everything be plugged in, board has cpu_fan,cpu_opt, pump, and multiple 4 pin sys_fan headers. If i cannot maintain pump speed without link then my second question is, after installing everything per the manual, tac cable to cpu fan header 3 fans to fan headers off pump, how will it operate on first start up since there is no operating syatem and obviousley no link installed yet, i assume it will at least function and keep the chip cool until the OS and link can be onstalled, thanks, oh and more more thing while thinking about it, the ml120 fans supplied with the 150 are they the same as the ml120 pro fans sold seperately?

There is a default pump speed and fan curve written into the pump's firmware. So Link is not required. With Link, naturally you have control over this. Also, you can overwrite the default settings with your own custom settings.

The ML fans with the PRO series coolers are not the same as the "classic" ML series (non-RGB) fans that you can purchase. They have a lower max speed and are slightly more efficient at the same RPM. Since they have a lower max speed, they are quieter. If you are concerned about a loss in performance, don't be. There is a minimal, if any loss in actual radiator cooling.

Archived