Corsair Community

Squeaky K70 keyboard

workinprogress

Great product. Love it so far. However, the spacebar (which I will use several times in the typing of this message) makes a really terrrible squeaky sound whenever I press it. This really brings down the overall quality of the keyboard. Please tell me there is a route beyond an RMA. PLEASE. That would mean I have to spend MORE money just shipping it out. I JUST BOUGHT this thing...... it was 130 BUCKS! Come on Corsair.... what happened to quality control? Unless all K70's have this squeaky spacebar issue, which I doubt. Just FYI, I did take out the spacebar and inspected the connection. I'm thinking it is the movement of the stabilizers? Thanks for your help. (as you have noticed, the shift key's work wondrously)

• 4 weeks later...

Ive had this problem before on a coolermaster keyboard try putting a little lithium grease or really any other kind of lube grease that isnt super runny and lube the stabilizer where the metal things are rubbing. probably also the little ports in the space bar that hold the stabilizer pins. Worked great for me.

I wouldent reccomend using powdered graphite lube because it might get into the switches and cause havoc (never used it though) also the lube will collect a little dust and other stuff so if that bothers you, you can always clean it up and reapply the grease.

• Corsair Employee

Great product. Love it so far. However, the spacebar (which I will use several times in the typing of this message) makes a really terrrible squeaky sound whenever I press it. This really brings down the overall quality of the keyboard. Please tell me there is a route beyond an RMA. PLEASE. That would mean I have to spend MORE money just shipping it out. I JUST BOUGHT this thing...... it was 130 BUCKS! Come on Corsair.... what happened to quality control? Unless all K70's have this squeaky spacebar issue, which I doubt. Just FYI, I did take out the spacebar and inspected the connection. I'm thinking it is the movement of the stabilizers? Thanks for your help. (as you have noticed, the shift key's work wondrously)

I can assure you that not all of the K70 have this problem as i have tested a few and they all seem to be ok. If it's a physical defect, the only thing we can really do is to issue a RMA. I can also request for a prepaid label for you, so shipping will be covered.

Archived