Corsair Community

Warranty Question

cochranpd

Hello,

I tried going through the ticket system to get this answered, but I did not get any service. I'll ask here and see if this works better. I need a power supply as my current power supply is starting to cause issues with my system. I am a broke college student, so my friend ordered me a Corsair AX1200 using his account and credit card. My biggest worry is that I won't be able to use the warranty that it comes with as I am not the original purchaser, though I am the intended recipient of the power supply. My friend does not need a power supply as he already has a AXi1200. Will Corsair honor the warranty if anything were to go wrong with the power supply or should we return it and re-order it with my account? I know it is long winded, but I don't want to be screwed over on some technicality because I wasn't the person that actually purchased it. Any advice would be great. Hopefully sooner rather than later so I can contact the company it was purchased from and send it back. I am praying I won't have too though!

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for such a quick response. If I have any issues, what information would I need to have available to receive service for my new power supply? This way I can store it in the box with all of my other hardware boxes. I don't want to have to track my friend down while he is on deployment and distract him with something trivial.

Thanks!!

Archived