Corsair Community

Asus p4p800 deluxe

Petar

Hallo Ram Guy, hope you can help me. If i believe the asus support, there is no help for my problem - hope you can prove them wrong. My System is a Intel P4 3.0 on a Asus P4P800 deluxe and two modules of 256 Mb corsair pc400 cl2. I would like to upgrade my system to 1GB Ram. Asus Support told me that there is no way with this Mobo and the Corsair modules due to following reasons: 1. This board won´t work with 4 Modules of this RAM. 2. This board won´t work with 4 Modules of any Ram if there are Corsair Modules included. His advice was to sell this Corsair Modules and buy two others of 512 Mb. Do you (or Anybody) have any experience or Good advice for this questions: 1. Can I add two Corsair Modules 256 or 512mb of CL2.5 to this system (timings?) because i cant find any cl2 modules at the moment. 2. Can I add any other modules to this system. Selling my modules is no solution for me. Thanks and best rgds Petar

• Corsair Employee
Well you can use 4 modules, but I doubt that they would run at Cass 2! In addition if you purchase more memory they would need to be exactly matched both in part# and revision to what you have now and I would try setting the Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7! Or I would just find another use for these and get VS1GBKit400 or Twinx1024-3200 with this MB!

Archived