Corsair Community

Timings on Abit IS7-E

_C4_DDEVito

Hey All....1st post here for me guys....... I have a Abit IS7-E MB....The problem i am having is; Ive just installed some 2x512mb of Corsair twin x XMS3200 C2PL;now in my bios in Spd the timings are showing up as 3.3.3.8......instead of ..2.3.3.6..as they should be. Now i have manually set the settings up as 2.3.3.6...and it boots ok;after a while i will get a shutdown or reboot;now after this i raised the voltage to 2.7v...incase it was a voltage error.but to no success it still was unstable. Now i have updated my bios to the latest;so there cant be a problem there.Also when i set it to SPD settings;i then tried to set the G.A.T up.and sellected Turbo setting;it boots ok;and passes the DMI settings;then just cant hold the page in boot up for windows..and the Street Racer setting;also boots up...but does same again.This Memory should be flying along at these settings.Can anyone help me here....Mr Ramguy;if you could shed your light over this problem;it would be much appreciated. Thx for any reply;as this is driving me nuts... ..Regards......Vito :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
First thing, I am sorry but we would not be able to support any MB makers pre-defined performance settings! I would suggest you set the timings manually to the tested settings and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and leave these performance option set to Bios default!

Ok...thx for the response......will try it again;..on reading some of your problems posts;could there be a chance;that the code for the ram has been messed up at all;and the settings are reading ..3.3.3.8.......just a thought... ..Regards...Vito..

• Corsair Employee
No! All modules with a "C2" designation will have their SPD set to JEDEC defined values for the speed grade of that specific module based on the IC used! So the SPD is set correctly for this module, just need to set the timings manually!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for late reply to this thread.......but i set the timings to manual....of 2.3.3.6........and ok..it booted fine;but after say 10 mins;it reboots itself;and this is just using desktop;no games running here etc.Ive got me voltage set like you said at 2.7 volts;but it still wont run stable.Ive now set the timings to Jedec....and it shows.....3.3.3.8........now when i run sisoft sandra;and benchmark the bandwith;it comes up with 4300/sec..with either set manually or auto.These speeds seem very slow for dual memory setup. Look forward to your reply.....Vito

• Corsair Employee
These modules should not be a problem with this chipset, but I would test them one at a time at the tested settings Cass 2-3-3-6 at 2.7 Volts, with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to make sure one is not failing!

Ok Mr Ram guy;ive run me tests through Memtest.and heres the results Both modules in Duel Channel.....cas...2-3-3-6....@.2.7 volts Test 5=.........42693 errors Single Ram in slot 1....Cas..2-3-3-6...........@..2.7 volts no errors....in 3 passes This was the same on both modules......so both modules worked fine. Both modules in single channel mode....Cas..2-3-3-6........@..2.7 volts slots 1+2 Test 5=.........12 errors.....err bits...00000040 good ffffff9f bad ffffffdf 1 module in dimm 3(used for the dual slot)...cas..2-3-3-6....@..2.7 volts no errors.....3 passes so slots were ok.........me was thinking voltage probs...as the errors were involved with more than 1 module Both sticks in dual channel again...cas..2-3-3-6..at max voltage...2.8volts no errors....3 passes dimm 1+3 seems to work ok at the moment on this voltage......but unfortunately cant go any more on this board.......will let you know how it goes... thx for your input by the way.....and if you can defer any more of these results that i have missed....plz let me know... many Regards.........Vito

Well was gaming abit tonight Mr RAm.......and low and behold;it came up with an error again.so ive put the cas to jedec again....3-3-3-8.....and it running fine again;im at a loss now.It definately run alot better with higher voltages....but just doesnt seem to run stable ,long enough.Seems to be when the temperature might get abit up there..But the efficiency in sisoft sandra;only shows 69%....so i would hate to see the readings if i got the efficiency up there in the 90s....... ...regards....Vito

Ok......Thx again mr Ram Guy...i will try and return the Modules to my supplier like you advise 1st;im sure there will be no probs;as the Rams are only 2 months old.I thank you for your support;as i can see you are kept very busy. :biggrin: ...Just a little question before i log off;would the CPU cause any probs on these lines....if there was a problem with the CPU in general;i dont think there is....but it was second hand....its a 2.6gig P4 800 fsb HT;i noticed in some of the posts that you say a memory controller sometimes breaks down in these;and causes problems as such ....Many Regards.......Vito

Archived