Corsair Community

F60 SSD is hanging

Hi,

I've been using a Corsair 60GB Force SSD for 4 months now with no problems. I use my SSD for Windows 7, MSOffice '10 and various other programs.

Recently, my computer crashed and now Windows 7 hangs when I try to load certain programs. Some things I can access ok, like Control Panel, Documents, but other programs just cause the OS to hang.

If I leave it, I get the BSOD and it reboots. When it reboots, the SSD is not recognised by the BIOS. I have to turn off the whole system and turn it back on again for it to be recognised.

What can I do?

the Firmware update did not accomplish anything.

Another forum suggested it was to do with sleep mode corrupting some Windows files.

I have major deadlines approaching in the next 2-6 weeks and desperately need my computer up and running again.

• 2 weeks later...

Right,

I hadn't erased the drive and continued using it to finish some work for my upcoming deadlines. My plan was to get the work finished first, and then sort out the erase/reinstallation etc.

Today, my PC reset itself whilst I was working. And now, the SSD is totally dead. My computer can't recognise it, and my old computer actually refuses to boot up if I have the SSD plugged into it.

So I will need to return it and get it replaced, but how long is this going to take? I need back by Monday which seems unrealistic. I can already see I'm going to have to just purchase another to get my work finished...

EDIT- Forget the RMA for now, I've ordered a new one and I'll replace the faulty one in a few weeks

Archived